Azerbaijan GP: Sunday, Leaving Baku

*Noa's POV*

  Race is finished. Drivers left the paddock. I was walking on the boulevard, in the Fan Zone and thinking about last night and the thing Fernando wanted to say. I didn't let him finish... That was right. He is packing now and soon will leave the country till the next GP in 2019. Nothing more. I wonder if Linda will go with him to Belgium and support his WEC race... Probably not. But if I was his girlfriend I would. I would follow him everywhere and support him all the time. When he sits in the car, when he finishes the race, when he retires, when he crashes - all the time. I would sit there during 24 hours of Le Mans and wait for him. I would be there because I know how important it is for him. But sadly, it all may happen only in my head.

  My thoughts were disturbed by a sudden message from Tom.

- Hey, Leyla. Can you meet me outside the paddock, please? I have some papers and Dylan asked me to give it to you.

- Okay, I will be there in 10 minutes. - I typed in reply. Turning to another direction, I started to walk towards the paddock. As I promised, in 10 minutes I was there. But Tom... Wasn't. Another figure was coming my way instead.

- Fernando? Hi.

- Hello, Noa. Glad that you came.

- Yes, Tom... Wait, you are glad?

He nodded and made a step to me.

- Yes, I... Didn't have your number, but wanted to see you before leaving.

- Packed already?

- Yes and the car is waiting. You know, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your company a lot and you are an amazing person. I am really happy that we met, but...

- But...?

- But sad that it finished so fast.

- It didn't even start. - I crossed my arms on the chest. - Don't imagine things. - I know I was rude. But everything because I didn't want to fall into him even more.

- Yes, I understand. But... I should ask. If I didn't have a girlfriend...

He stopped waiting for me to respond.

*Fernando's POV*

  She didn't say anything. I guess it was very stupid to ask things like that. We are not even friends. We are strangers to each other. But I wish we were something more. Much more.

- I don't know. If it would be another adventure of yours, then my answer is no. - she looked down at her converse. I nodded.

- I should go now.

- Good luck to you in Belgium.

I smiled. I wish she could go with me, her support matters so much.

- Thank you. Will you be watching?

- Of course, you will be there, how can I miss it? - she tilted her head, I adore that. I smiled wider.

- Glad to hear. Then I have to do my best. Good bye, Noa. -

- Goodbye. - I shook her hand and let it go. Time to leave.