Azerbaijan GP: Wednesday

It was my first year out of 3 when I came as close to Formula 1 as it was possible. I got a job in Baku City Circuit as a Social Media Specialist.  And guess what did I get? Paddock pass, exactly. But the thing I was more excited about was my favorite driver, the one who got me into F1 and world of cars. Fernando Alonso. I know that I'll meet him and even have some interviews, but despite the fact that my manager told me to keep myself under control, only from thoughts of him my heart starts to beat faster and faster. Though, I have met him before (in 2016 and 2017) and have 3 pictures with him and 1 shooting day in 2017, I still feel the same as on the first day of our meeting. 

- Noa, are you coming? - Dilan, my manager, was calling me. 

- Yes, of course! 

  We were moving to paddock, to check the atmosphere and I had to take some photos to keep our Instagram and other social media in a good shape. After a while she left me and I was walking alone among teams' garages and supplies. Some mechanics were already working and preparing boxes. 

- Hello. - someone said behind me. I turned around to see Red Bull's team member. I nodded and smiled. 

- Hi, welcome to Baku. 

- Thanks! - he smiled back. - Do you know what time is it? My phone battery died and I left my watch in a hotel room. 

- Yes, its... 2:17 PM. 

- Thank you.... 

- Oh, Noa. - we shook hands. 

- Nice to meet you, I'm Ben. 

- Nice to meet you, Ben. I have to go now. 

  I moved further. McLaren boxes were almost the last ones, right before Sauber, where red and white boys were opening something. McLaren garage, however, was empty and closed. I sighed and decided to come back tomorrow or maybe in the evening. 

******* 

  During the race week I was staying in Hilton Hotel. Not because Fernando was staying there as well, but because it was in 2 minutes from my office and paddock too. My room was on the 13th floor, lucky number. I wonder what floor will belong to Fernando... 

  It was 6:30 PM, time for dinner. I was really hungry, because I skipped breakfast, trying to find any McLaren team member. Table was empty: my best friend Celine was busy even for food, Dilan wasn't hungry, other guys were in the office. I got myself a piece of pizza, some vegetables and fish with rice. The most difficult thing was to choose dessert. 

- Gracias... - I heard a similar voice that made me frozen in a second. I couldn't move and even put my fork down. 

- Oh my God.- I whispered to myself and opened Instagram to make sure that it was him. 

*stories of Fernando Alonso* 

Salam Baku! (hello Baku)

- Oh. My... 

Fernando Alonso was having dinner beside me. I started to breathe faster an wasn't hungry anymore. Slowly I turned around to see Fernando leaving the room while talking to his manager. All I could do is stare at him walking away. 

- Fernando. - I whispered again.