Chapter 24 - Feelings

Start from the beginning

"She told you about it..."

"didn't she?" He spoke, everyone was loud and noisy. It was hard to hear, it was raining in addition. But their normal voices are enough for them to continued the conversation.

"Why'dyou do it?" It was like they were talking to somebody else, not looking at each other but towards the outside of the building. It was heavily pouring, but it seems to them that it was the most silent rain they have heard.

Was it because of her again?

"Why did you rejected Natsume?" He continued, a little worry pasted on his face.

....

"Because if I did say what I feel, everything would never be the same before"

"Hmm, you're an idiot too then"

"What?"

"In every decision you make, something change. You have to make decisions, no matter how big or small, whether you like it or not, but something will always change. That's why you are what you are today." Then both of them fell silent.

"You're right. But that decision will be something that I won't surely regret... because Natsume would always fall on someone else's arms instead of mine. Even if I swear to always stay by her side, she would always belong to someone else but me.... and you know who that is."

"Yeah"

"I didn't want to get affected by something so small"

"You're a coward then"

"Hey, that's going over the line" Feitan glares, their eyes met. They were both serious, neither of them don't know why.

"You're a coward because you can take physical pain, torture and agony. But you can't even handle a small rejection from a girl. That is so unmanly" This made Feitan flinched. He did, but Phinks was right again.

"Fine, I'll prove to you that I'm not just a sore loser that would accept all your stupid accusations."

"Stupid? It may be, but it is the truth." Phinks happily smirked, taunting the irritated man. He stood up and turned to him.

"What would you want me to do to prove myself that I'm not lying, not even a coward"

"Hmmmm, telling her you love her is overated so.... date? Yeah! An extraordinary one! The one that won't tell you that you're not the guy."

"What the hell are you trying to say?"

"Take her on a date, but exclude the choices: dinner, festival, carnival and ferris wheels." Phinks smiled.

"Then what am I suppose to do with our date?" Feitan's irritation was clear, his friends could see it on his face.

"Your choice, you decided to prove you're not a coward so deal with it. I'm pretty sure Natsume would enjoy epic adventures, specially with you" He winked, teasingly.

"Whatever, I'll go ask her after she comes back. Just make sure no one knows"

With that, the bet was on. They parted ways and waited for her return. Phinks was working on his plan on how to create a diversion for the other members, including Chrollo who obviously knows what was happening.

"Feitan's going on a date?" His question surprised Phinks alone. He suddently spoke while reading his same old book.

"How'd you know, dancho?"

"I just do" He smiled, playfully and closed his book. He looked forwards and said: "As I thought... things would definitely be amusing" He smiled. Phinks was left confused but never revealed it.