Do Not Expect Too Much

Niall's POV

"Lad, you alright?" I heard Zayn ask. I turned to him, a face of worry greeted me. "Thinking about Sasha, I bet?"

Today is the day that I and the lads are going to visit the orphanage that Sasha and Alyson's family own. I was quite not sure if I should go and see the place again because that place also held so many memories of me and Sasha. 

I nodded, with a weak smile. "You know how much that place..."

"...held too many memories of you both." Zayn finishes my sentences and took a deep breathe. "I know."

I turned my head around and watched as we pass by the houses, as we head off to the orphanage. I and Zayn were late in heading there for he insisted me to wait for him as he do his hair. Everyone knows how vain Zayn is, so, it's not something to wonder about.

Breaking the silence, my phone rang. I picked it up to see it is Alyson's number on the ID caller. "Hello?"

"Niall? Where are you and Zayn?" she asks.

"We're on our way there." I answered.

"Be here! We are about to start. If I were you, I won't miss it for the whole world," She chuckled on the other line.

"I won't," I said. "We'll be there,"

"Bye. See you!" she said and hangs up.

"Was that Aly?" Zayn asks

I nodded. "Yeah. We should be there before they'll start,"

"They cannot start the party without us and I guess they should know that," Zayn laughed.

"Drive faster Zayn," I groaned. "I'm not missing this because of your hair,"

"Whatever Irish," he said. "I actually think that, that is not the reason at all."

I shot him a look, an eyebrow raised. "What the bloody hell are you talking about?" He pats me with his one hand, as his other hand was in the steering wheel.

"Like don't ever tell me that I never noticed," He said and took a glance. "You and Harry are sort of in a competition with one another,"

"What?" I asked that got me quite a bit confused. "Are you drunk or what?"

He scoffs. "Who is already drunk early in the morning? What kind of person is that?" he asks. "And of course, don't ever deny. You and Harry has got your eyes and hopes set high for Aly. Think I've never noticed? Trust me, I did."

My mouth fell open. I never have thought that he actually noticed even if it wasn't that even obvious. Harry and I never have talked about Aly and that in front of them and there was only once when we did but no one was around, except for the two of us.

But I have no intention of letting him know.

"I'm ready to hear your lies Irish," Zayn laughs. "Thinking of a very good excuse? Like 'Zayn. I am not crushing on her. Harry is.' or 'What the fuck Zayn. I see her only as a sister.'."

"Zayn..."

"Oh forget it Niall," he says. "I know your excuses and there is no way I could be fooled with them."

I took a sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "This is insane."

"I know," he nods. "So you better tell me because I need someone to fill me in with what is going in my head."

"Can I tell you about it later?"

He nods. "Anytime lad. You do know that I am always here to listen right?" he asks. I nod and he gave me a small smile and returned his focus on the road. After a minute or two, I could see already the view of the orphanage and as we drew closer, we saw Louis and Liam standing outside the door, having a smoke.