The Heart Wants What It Wants

Niall’s POV

“I’ll beat you on this, Niall!” Liam cheered for himself.

I laughed. “Oh no you won’t Liam Payne! No you won’t!” I said as I tried to beat him on Mario Kart

“I really find it funny that we are playing this.” Liam said. “But I will believe that I can beat you on this!”

“Nope.” I said and I pushed him on the side and focused on my joystick.

“That’s unfair!” he screamed. “You’ll pay for that Irish!” and when he was about to, his phone rang and when he was already distracted with the ringing noise, I made sure to beat him to it.

And I did.

“Ahhh!” Liam screamed angrily and threw the joystick away. “You’re lucky this time Niall.” then he picked his phone from the table and answered the call. “Yeh, Liam here.”

I placed my joystick on the table and took my phone to check messages and maybe Twitter too.

Then a thought came to my head.

My hands your hands tied up like two ships

“Seriously?” Liam asked. “One song?”

I looked over Liam, his face painted with too much seriousness. He and I were all alone at home. Louis, Zayn and Harry went somewhere we don’t know. Alyson is taking the time to rest.

“But the other lads are not around. Do they know about this?” I overheard him ask over the phone.

I opened my phone and checked the time. It’s almost three pm. I just realized that.

Then I heard Liam throw his phone over to the couch across the room.

“What was that all about?” I asked

He groaned. “They need a new song.”

“A what?” I asked. “A new song? For the album?”

He nods. “Yeah. And I can’t seriously think of anything right now.” Liam said

I hummed. “Well, let’s try to think of something right now.” I said. “Maybe we can come up of something?”

“I’m not sure.” He answered. “I could not think of anything else really. Worse, not easily.”

“When is it due?” I asked

“Two days after today.” He answered. “I should really call the other lads and tell them about this.”

“Well I am trying to think of something.” I said.

Drifting, weightless

“You are?” Liam asked

I looked to him. “Well, yeah. I am thinking about it right now. It just popped in my head, you know.”

Liam laughed. “How long have you been thinking of it?”

“Just now?” I answered abruptly, unsure. “Well, for like the past five minutes.”

“Cool.” He said, patting my back. “You need a me time?”

I nodded without looking at Liam. And without any word and after another pat on my shoulder, Liam left, going to his room. I heard his door slam shut.

Liam is always like that. He automatically knows it when we need the me time that we need. He’s always like that.

I grabbed a paper from the table and a pen and began to scribble words on it. Sentences that formed in my head, words that flowed endlessly and a tune beginning to take over my senses. I was hearing myself hum the tune I made out and I began to sing the first sentence that I also found myself thinking of.