Changes In My Life

Harry's POV

As soon as everything was settled, the doctors right away wheeled Aly into the Operating Room of the hospital to start the operation right away. But an hour right before the operation, Aly had almost died once again because she was about to have a cardiac arrest. Luckily, the doctor was keen enough to notice that something is wrong.

The medical team, specifically, the head doctor, had told us that the operation takes hours. Most likely eight to nine hours. Like the rest of us, he is hoping that things will go smoothly and promised us that they will do whatever they can to save Aly.

7 hours has passed since the operation started. The doctors hadn't talked to us but we saw them, along with nurses coming in and out of the room. All we can do is to pray. We did not eat anything because we wanted to be there when the doctors would say that she is doing fine already and out of danger.

While we were there, one of the doctors came out and went to us. I was just listening there from the seat I am seating in.

"Do you think she will make it?" Niall asked. I can see in his eyes that he is trying to be strong, both for Aly and Sasha.

"There is a huge chance, Mr. Horan," the doctor answered. "Miss Clarke is a fighter. She does not give up without giving a battle. She has lots of near death experiences and actually, to be honest, we didn't think she would last long because her condition is already terminal. But it was a shock to us that she was able to make it because most of the patients die right before heart surgery,"

"But will she be fine?" Liam asked.

"I can't say to be honest," He answered. "If she could, it will not be a 100 percent guarantee that she will be fine. There is this we call 'transplant rejection', but it is more commonly known as 'organ rejection',"

"I've heard that but I don't understand that much," Zayn said.

"It is when the organ transplanted from a deceased patient is being rejected by the body of the reciever," the doctor explained. "It is one of the usual problems after organ transplants but in some cases, it does not occur anymore and the person who got the organ lives normally but they only have a post-operative life span of 15 years. If that exceeds, the patient is very lucky,"

I sighed as I heard that. I just hope that Aly will be able to accept the organ. I am afraid to lose her because I love her. Ever since on that very day that I laid my eyes on her, I know she is something special. Someone who deserves to be loved. Someone who deserves to be cared of. She needs to stay longer, more than 15 years. 

"What did you do? Did you really replace it or put it just to support the heart?" Louis asked.

"We removed Miss Clarke's heart. It is called orthotopic procedure," the doctor answered. I watched as the boys lost their words and were left speechless. The doctor have noticed it too and so he spoke, breaking the silence between them. "Don't worry, we are doing everything to save her life. It is our job to take care and make sure she will be able to get through this,"

"Thanks," Liam said. The doctor nodded and tapped Louis' shoulder and politely bid goodbye and returned to the operating room.

"I can't wait any longer," I spoke. The lads turned to me. "I wanted to see Aly,"

"We also wanted to see her Harry," Zayn said. "We just can't lose her. We have lost Aly, and losing her, it would mean that we have made Sasha disappointed,"

I nodded slightly and cupped my face with both of my hands. I could feel the tears stream down to my face. And no matter how hard I try to hold it in, it keeps on flowing and falling. But I don't mind. This is what I really feel right now. Just cannot lie.