18

Harry.
5th May 2018

Greenville Hospital, New York.

I tapped my pen, on the desk, again and again and again. Feeling anxious and tired and stressed all at the same time. I haven't gone home nor seen Leah for the past 36 hours. I'm working late shifts, just to find Harry.

I scratched my head with the pen and just close my eyes. I let my head rest on my arms on the table. I breath in and out at a slow pace. Letting my train of thoughts crash so for the first time, I could just relax.

A faint knock on the door startled me. I opened my eyes and sat straight up. "Come in" I said and the door knob turned. Niall walked in with plastic bags in hand. He closed the door and place one bag infront of me as he sat in one of the chairs.

"Here's lunch, I didn't know what you wanted so I bought a little bit of everything"he said as he took out his container. I couldn't deny that I'm actually starving so instead of saying no, I took the containers in my hand.

"Thanks" I said before taking off the plastic wrapped and using the plastic spoon to eat."So how's Leah?" Niall asked. I smiled, "She's great. She's learning her words from her granny". "Didn't knew you mother is in town" Niall responded which I shook my head.

"Harry's mother" I said. He nod his head and I caught up that he didn't want to ask where my parents are. "Mine passed away when I was young" I said. "I'm sorry" he said but I just waved it away.

"Any update about Harry?" I asked. "Our people searched the building except for the basements and stores. They're checking them now" Niall said. I nod my head and finished my food.

The fact that Harry's missing doesn't bother me at all and I don't know why. "Niall, don't judge me for saying this" I said which he nod and put down his food on his lap. "I'm not worried about Harry missing. It freaks me out, I don't know why" I said. "You're just tired" his response surprised me.

"We're not on the same page" I said, he chuckled and nod his head. "You're tired of all this Harry drama. You're tired of always taking care of him. You're tired of handling him, you're tired of holding on. Jesus, Margo there are plenty of reasons why you are tired of Harry. I'm not being mean, but by the looks of it you are" Niall's words hit me hard.

"I know I look tired but not that tired" I mumbled. "I realised that since that incident with Harry, you've been going to work with low motivation. It's like you're forced" he said. I let my container fall into the thrash bin beside my desk.

"You're very observant" I said, wiping my lips with a tissue paper. He shrugged and finished his food before throwing it inside the thrash bin. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk and staring into my eyes.

"It's fine Margo, I've known Harry for a long time. He could be a pain in the ass here and there" he said, smiling. I chuckled and shook my head. "You don't know how I felt after I knew what happened and to keep it a secret for months? It burns my heart. It stings. I swear to God, almost everyday I felt like I could die with the painful secret hanging on my shoulders" I said, head down and smiling.

I rest my hands on the table, and Niall grabbed them. He rubbed my knuckles and I looked up. "It's fine. You'll be okay" he said. For the first time ever in months, I feel genuinely positive like everything is fine. With Niall rubbing my knuckles and staring at me in he eyes, I felt as if I got it together.

I looked down to my hands, the way he rubbed my hands, comforting me like I was some injured girl. Then I saw my ring, my wedding ring which made me flinched away and pulled my hand away from Niall's. "I'm sorry, Niall" I said, standing up.

He coughed and stood up as well. "I'm still married, you know, to Harry" I said. He nod his head and left. I sat back down and let my back hunched. "Oh my God, did that just happened?" I mumbled under my breath. I facepalm myself and breathed in and out heavily.

"Gosh, Margo" I bit my lip and sighed. My phone dinged, indicating a message coming through. My screen light up and I read the message from Lola. "We found Harry" it says.

I stood up, shoved my phone in my pocket and ran out of my office.