5

Harry.
19th December 2016, 10.42a.m
London, England

I quickly rushed down as I heard the doorbell being rang for the tenth time now. I carefully held Thea who is turning eight months in a few days. I opened the door and put a strand of hair out of my face. "HI, Good Morning. I'm Stephanie Dollis. I'm your husband's well, I don't know what to call it but let's just say, manager" a woman between the age of 30 to 35 greeted me.

She wore a pencil skirt and her hair had some grey ones tied into a tight bun. She had a dress shirt on and a coat that matches her skirt. She had thick black glasses and minimal makeup on. Despite her wrinkles and grey hair, she looks rather, attractive.

"Yes, how may I help you? "I asked. "Well, Mrs. Styles. I think we should sit down while I talk about this... issue" she pauses for a minute and look at Thea who's giving her a small smile. "What's her name?" she asked me as I opened the door wider. "Thea. Thea Amelia Styles" I answered as I put her in her crib while I went to the kitchen to make some tea. "Do you want some tea?" I asked.

"I believe we don't need it. I'm just staying for a few minutes " she answered. I nod my head and went back to the living room, sitting  across from her. "What suddenly brings you here?" I asked. "How many years have you and Harry have been married?" she asked, completely ignoring my previous question.

"Two years and three months" I answered truthfully. "That's longer that I thought." she cracked a smile. I kept myself silent. "He's been working a lot lately isn't he ?" she asked me, lifting her head up. I nod my head quietly . "Look, Margo. I'm here to help. So whatever comes out of me next is to help you" she said as she put her glasses.

"What do you mean? What happened to Harry? "I asked. "It's not about what happened to Harry. It's about what agreement he agreed to" she said. I nod my head. "This marriage of yours, is fake" she said. Those words struck to me so painfully. I shook my head. "What?" I asked.  "Let me explain. This contract was signed by Harry" she pull out a document and placed it on the table.

"The CEO for Stiles View is retiring and there's a lot more, much more experienced people that can take over the position. But Harry, he's different. He and the CEO, Mr. Dallas has been partners for years and well to be the next CEO, Mr. Dallas told Harry to get a wife. It doesn't stop there. If he stays married for at least three years, he gets the position. To get more paychecks coming, he must have a child." Stephanie mentioned her hand to Thea.

"What's your point? "I asked tears already swelling in my eyes. " Your whole marriage is a contract. An agreement he did just to get a higher position in his company. Harry is very young, he's afraid he would be the last option to anything, but being CEO would change everything" she said with sad eyes. I closed my eyes and duck down. " It's all in here" she tapped on the papers in the brown envelope and slide it across the table to me.

"Thank you for telling me this, Stephanie" I nod my head.  "I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner" she said turning her head to Thea. "She's beautiful. Just like you" she said. I turned to look at Thea and I nod . "I know. Thanks" I smiled back at her. "I should get going . I have another meeting after this" she smiled standing up.

She left the brown envelope on the coffee table and nod her head. "Keep those. For evidence. Oh and, Margo. Stay strong." she said before walking herself out. I sat there in silence. Playing with the wedding ring I'm wearing on my right hand. Tears started to fall down as I close my eyes. How could he? So all this time. All these years, it was just an act? To become richer? To become more powerful? Is that it?

Thea started crying. I shook my head a bit and turn to her. She sat on the floor and held her arms out for me. I tried smiling for her but I can't. My lips trembled as I tried smiling so I bit them. I bit so hard I could feel blood on my tounge. Thea didn't stopped crying when I lay down and let my tears fall down.

"Why me? " I asked myself. I closed my eyes and let my sobs out. Thea's sobs got louder indicating me that I'm still her mother. Even though her father's a jerk. I still have to become a good mother. I sat up and pulled her out of her crib.

She hugged my neck and kissed my cheeks as I pat her back. I lay her down on the mattress and lay next to her. I pat her thigh while she sucks on her thumb. "No matter what happen, I will always love you Thea" I said caressing her cheek as she falls asleep.

"Baby! Daddy's home!" Harry greeted Thea as he opened the door and put his briefcase on the coffee table. I sat up from the mattress to see Thea crawling over to Harry. I look over at the table to see the brown envelope still on it. I quickly stood up and walk over to it. I grabbed it in my hands and hid it under the sofa cushion,without letting Harry saw me.

I glance back to him and his attention is only on Thea. I sighed in relief and walked over to them. "Have you cooked dinner?" Harry asked. "I haven't. I fell asleep after changing Thea" I lied. "That's okay. We could go and get dinner" Harry said handing me Thea as he grabbed his suitcase and went upstairs.

How could I stay calm when around him? I feel like punching him in the throat. No regrets included.