11

Harry.
3rd March 2018, 9.07p.m.
Sliced, New York City.

"Margo, eat some food" Clarissa nudged me with her elbow. I turned to her and smiled, nodding my head before resting my chin on the palm of my hand. I swirled the pesto with the fork and looking around the restaurant. Tonight's agenda is this dinner party.

To celebrate the president's birthday, some co-worker planned this dinner party at one of the top most expensive restaurant. Leah is with Jessica, an old friend of mine. Ever since I left Harry a month ago, I manage to rent a small apartment near my work place and a kindergarden for Leah.

I haven't met Harry yet nor he had search for me. We still have issues to talk about. We cant stay married and act as if we're strangers. It's not Married At First Sight. It's real life. Harry cannot just run away from his problems again.

"Hey, Margo?" I held my head up and they were taking pictures. I smiled and got off my chair and walking over to them. I stood beside Francis and Janet, the guys in the physcology department, before smiling to the camera. The flashes went off and I was blinded for a moment.

As they finished, I excused myself to the restroom. I checked my makeup, which I indipendantly did by myself, and washed my hands. I didn't had a purpose of going to the restroom, but I needed a moment of peace.

As I walked out, I bumped into someone. I held the arm and it felt familiar. I looked up and it was Harry. Goddamnit! I mumbled under my breath. This is the worst time and place to meet him. I let go of his arm and took a step back.

 I let go of his arm and took a step back

"Margo" his deep words hit me. "I need to go" but before I could take another step, he held me by my shoulders and pull me into his arms. For a brief second, it felt nice. Having his arms around me, the warmth of his body comforts me. The smell of coconut oil and cinnamon enlightens me.

However, the thought of the agreement he made, makes me cringe. I brave myself and slipped out of his arms before pushing him away. "No, don't!" I sternly said. "I miss you" was all he could say. I shook my head. "Did you miss me when you sign those papers?" I asked.

The colour on his face drops. "I want a divorce" I stated. I hugged myself and threw my eyes to the floor. Harry stutter before shaking his head. "No" he said. "Oh no, you don't get to make a decision now. You already did when you said yes to that stupid agreement. This is my decision." I pointed to his face.

He stayed quiet because he knows it's true. "You don't need me, Harry.  You have Claudia. She's young, pretty and exactly what every guy want, including you, I guess" I mutter quietly, but enough for him to hear. "She's just a distraction. Besides she's not you" he said, holding my shoulders.

Again, I slip off of his touch."Why didn't you think of that before signing those papers?" I asked, looking into his beautiful emerald eyes. Those eyes that I have fell for. Unfortunately, I crashed. "I have to go. I have to pick up Leah, the baby you hide inside the closet" I said, walking away from him.

I waved at Clarissa on the way out before texting her I'm going home. I got inside my car and drive away to Jessica's house.

"Thanks Jess" I smiled as she handed me Leah in her baby basket. She was asleep. I grabbed her bag filled with neccesities for Leah with my other hand. "It's fine. Leah is adorable" she said. I smiled and said thank you one last time before heading back to the car.

I buckle her up next to me and set the bag down. I turned on the engine and drove back to my apartment.

After I arrived home, I put Leah to her bed and made myself a cup of tea. I sit at the kitchen counter, sipping my tea accompanied by the silence of the dark living room.

I finished my tea and put it in the dishwasher before going to my room through the living room. Unfortunately, I tripped and fell to the grown. As I tried to stand up, a faint knock erupted through the room.

I carefully got on my feet and dragged myself to the front door. "It's midnight, who could be knocking?" I mumbled under my breath. As I grabbed the door knob, my mind raced thinking about what I'll do if it was Harry behind the door.

Unfortunately, there was no peephole to identify the person behind the door. My heart pumped faster as I unlocked the door and turned the door knob. I pull a little bit and look at the gap with my eyes.

"We need to talk" Harry spoke. I was debating whether to smash it close or let him in. Finally I decided, I can't run away from the truth anymore. I let go of the door and walked further into the living room. I hear Harry behind me, letting himself in.

I sit on the sofa and gestured for him to sit next to me. Harry slowly sit himself next to me, leaving a few inches between our thighs but letting our knees touch. He's wearing his velvet tux, one of his clothes that I personally like.

I look up into his eye and I can't help but feel dissapointed how those eyes that I have fell for betrayed me just like that. Therefore, I look at his hair. The curly strains falling and resting on his forehead. My eyes trail down to his ear, when he used to listen all of my confessions and secrets, I felt like he didn't deserve to know me that way.

Then, my eyes trail to his lips, where he used to say words of comfort for me but also some that wasn't comforting at all. In fact, they broke me.

Finally, my eyes land back to his eyes. "Explain yourself" I simply stated. He held my hand and traced my knuckles with his thumb. "I love you" he said. I shook my head, denying to cry infront of him again.

"Prove it" I whisper to him as I duck my head down. He placed a finger under my chin and lifted my head up. I stared into his emerald orbs and he closed his eyes leaning closer. I closed mine and seconds later, he placed his lips on mine. I let out a heavy breath which I didn't realise I was holding in. At this exact moment, this is what I need.