35

Today was the faithful day. The day Lance gave Keith another tattoo. Well -- Lance gave Keith a tattoo which was just another tattoo for Keith but A WHOLE FREAKING TATTOO for Lance. They sat in Keith's studio,nobody showing up for Keith's tattoo. They knew Keith wouldn't have a funny reaction so they decided to make fun of the tattoo when it healed. Lance was worried for what he should have the tattoo as. He can't draw -- at all. What else could be possibly do? But he barely had time to brainstorm because before he knew it it was the faithful day. 

Keith was preparing the tools needed for the tattoo while Lance nervously listened to old music playing on the radio. The radio was fuzzy, playing 80s songs while Keith placed the inks and the neddles out for Lance to get. Keith took of his tank-top, the collection of tattoos on display.

"First choose where you wanna do it." Keith explained. "You can do it on my collar, just over the bone, or on my wrist, or on my leg too."

Lance's hands were shaking but he shook off his nerves and placed his hands over Keith's left wrist. "Here."

Keith nodded, wiping his wrist before grabbing gloves and telling Lance to put them on. Lance did so, complying by pulling the clear gloves on. Keith then instructed Lance to choose a color, Lance choosing black for the mean time. Then he switched on the machine, the small device humming as ink pumped through it. Lance squeaked making Keith chuckle, holding out his wrist. Lance flipped it over so the palm was down. Lance swallowed. 

"Get ready, I'm gonna do it..." Lance warned. 

"Okay." Keith spoke softly. His calm tone soothed Lance softly. He took a deep breath and placed the needle against Keith's skin. He refused to use a stensil because he didn't want Keith to know what he was doing. It look Lance a while to choose what tattoo to do. Keith already had so many, how could he make his special? He decided to do something simple that even he could draw, but something meaningful and special. Something unique to Keith. 

Keith barely flinched as Lance moved the needle across his skin. He every so often lifted the needle to wipe the blood before returning to making the tattoo. After about ten minutes Lance was already done and was patching up the tattoo. Keith smiled as they cleaned up and took a seat on one of the couches. 

"What did you do?"

Lance smiled and shook his head. "I can't telly you yet, it's a surprise." Keith rolled his eyes at Lance's response. After an hour or so of chatting and playing, Keith decided he could take off the bandages. He cut off the bandages, wiping the blood from his hand before looking at the tattoo. It was a short tattoo, beginning near his left, ring finger knuckle and as it continued it moved up his hand towards his arm. He furrowed his brows at the tattoo. 

"I don;t know what it is... is it in Spanish?" Keith asked softly. 

Lance smiled sheepishly, a slight blushed spreading across his sun kissed cheeks. He nodded slightly before speaking. "It is. It says; Gracias, te amo."

Keith's eyebrows furrowed but he was definitely curious. "What does that mean?" 

Lance smiled. "Thank you, I love you."

Keith blushed, looking down at the tattoo with flaming red cheeks. "Oh..."

Lance bit his lip. "O-oh?"

"I- I love it! I love you!" Keith smiled down at the tattoo. Lance grinned, kissing Keith chastely on the cheek. 

"I was gonna do a self portrait, but that wouldn't work out well." Lance joked. Keith smiled and planted a small kiss on Lance's lips. 

"Yeah, I'm glad you chose this one."

The concept may not be unique to Keith, but the tattoo itself and its meaning will never belong to anyone else. It was Lance's handwriting that ran up Keith's hand. It was at the left knuckle, over the vein that is connected to Keith's heart. It said gracias, thank you. Lance thanked Keith in his own language. He had many things to thank Keith for. He thanked him for making his life more exciting, for giving his every day acts actual meaning, for giving him something to look forward to, for loving him when all he needed was love. And te amo, I love you. His attempt to have neat, cursive writing may not be the best, but each letter could be made out. Each letter had its importance. Lance loved Keith and he always will until death parted them. And Keith would always love Lance until the day he died. 

They walked hand in hand back to their apartment, Keith admiring his new tattoo and Lance sighing in relief that he didn't misspell anything on Keith's tattoo.

I'll only be updating once or twice a week due to upcoming exams, but I'll try update as much as I can!!

<3

-Patty '3'