22

Hello!

Patty Thompson here yo!
 which I have never said but feel really professional to say :D

So we've gotten a ton of reads and comments while I was on vacation, and I'm pretty sure most of you have had your holidays like Spring Break or Easter Holidays, so I hope you're enjoying/ enjoyed yours and I'll be updating a heck ton more in the next few weeks to catch up on lost updates, so expect some extra chapters every now and then ;)

I started to write this chapter while getting a tour on a bus in San Francisco, just in case you wanted to know XD

Keith conveniently arrived home before Lance. Home. It still excited Keith when he got to call he and Lance's apartment their home. He entered the small apartment, slipping his shoes off and dumping then by the door. He got to just leave his sneakers the rather than having to put then on their designated spot on a shoe rack.

Shiro was always pick my like that, which Matt surprisingly didn't mind, but Keith did so it was unbelievably relieving when Lance let him just leave his shoes on a mat by the door. He hung the key Lance had given him on a hook on the back to the front door, the rattling noise attracting Blue. When he had an apartment with Shiro, Keith would always have to leave his keys in a box which Shiro kept the kitchen. Now he could just leave them by the door leaving it in a place where he can more easily loose them, but at least he can feel more independent.

And Blue, Keith had always wanted a pet. Maybe a cat or a hamster or something. But Shiro could never afford one, all of his money spent on the apartment, Keith's college (which he dropped out of) and helping Keith start up his shop. Sometimes Keith would borrow some cash from his brother, but now he stopped being completely independent. But Lance has a cat, Blue. She's sweet and cute but pretty clingy. Keith didn't mind the cat though, in fact the clingjness just made her even better. It means when Keith gets home and Lance isn't there, he and Blue can rewatch Mean Girls together. Keith would never tell Lance about his guilty pleasure because knowing Lance he would either tease Keith for the rest of his life or he would just so happen to love chick flicks too and force him to watch every single chick flick in existence.

Another thing, Keith could watch tv any time. Yeah, not being able to watch Netflix while eating salted melon seems like hell, right? But Shiro never let him watch tv all day, ever! He didn't even let him have his salted melon, he didn't believe salted melon could be nice but he was wrong. So, so wrong. Keith hasn't met a lot of people who do like salted melon, but Blue likes it. Can cats eat melon? Probably not, but Blue liked it so much Keith just had to feed it to her. There was nothing better than curling up with a bunch of blankets and eating some snack, and sometimes dinner with the tv on.

Speaking of food, Lance is an amazing cook. Give him a recipe and he can perfect it. Though, he can't bake. At all. He says he learned how to cook from Hunk, but Hunk refused to help him with his disastrous baking. Lance even manages to burn cupcakes and cookies, the easiest possible things to bake in the world. Keith is pretty sure he remembers Lance burning a microwave brownie. Honestly, he probably burned the cakes he made in hisbeady bake oven when he was a child. He probably set mini fires in his bedroom and had to use hit fireman play kit to put it out. Keith could afford neither of those in his childhood, but he made a pretty cool bus with a cardboard box.

Keith sleeps on a couch. Despite it being... well, a couch, it was actually comfortable. His old bed had a pretty crappy mattress, but he refused to let Shiro buy him one. Lance probably payed twice as much for the couch than Keith his for his bed and everything on it. Sometimes Blue came to sleep by Keith and sometimes Lance fell asleep on the couch whole the two were watching football. Keith didn't like football, in fact he hated it, but the players had some nice bodies. Keith suspected Lance of thinking the same, but he still knew pretty much all of the rules and really knew what he was saying when he was complaining about unfair things that Keith would never understand for the rest of forever.

On the stand under the TV Keith spotted the movie he and Lance had purchased a few days prior but had never watched. It haunted Keith and every night he would look at the disc cover, wanting to watching it more than anything in the world. He glanced at the clock that displayed the time -- 12:30. He still had a while before Lance got home. He could watch maybe a few minutes, maybe an hour before he got back. Keith tore open the packaging of the CD, shoving it into the movie player that looked ancient, probably oldest piece in the house. As the screen of the TV lit up, the pointless ads played, and when Keith pressed play when he ads finally finished, MORE ADS PLAYED! Why have ads, then you finally finish it, buy then have even more advertisements?! 

The movie finally played,and Keith settled on the couch with blue snuggling between his crossed legs. Keith's eyes glued to the screen and Blue began to softly snore as she peacefully slept. Keith didn't know cats snored, but she definitely didn't snore as loud as Lance. 

Lance didn't always snore, but heck when he did Keith wanted to gouge his eyes out with his bare hands. It was like Godzilla had gone into Lance's room and was being tortured. Sometimes Lance would wake himself up and call me, asking to turn the TV down. The TV wasn't on in the first place! But Keith tolerated it, Lance was letting him live in his house after all. But Lance was cute when he sept, when he wasn't snoring of course. He was an early riser, but Keith was lucky enough to wake up earlier than usual when Lance had fallen asleep on the couch. He was cuddled up to Keith, his lips slightly pouted and his thumb at the edge of his mouth. He sucks his thumb in his sleep, probably a small habit that he was never able to break.

Keith honestly was enjoying the movie, recognizing some voices and laughing at some of the horrible jokes that probably made nobody laugh. Ever. But his heart sank and his laughter was cut short as the sound of the front door opening. How did he not hear Lance approaching? Lance is the loudest human being to exist! There wasn't enough time to turn off the movie, so Keith had to lift his head and face the nightmare. Lance entered the room, a bright smile across his face until he spotted the TV.

"Lance... I can explain!" Keith cried. 

"Oh, really?" Lance spoke.

"It isn't what it looks like!" Keith yelled in desperation.

"Well, it looks like you were watching The Emoji Movie without me!" Lance seethed.  

Keith frowned, looking away in defeat. "I know, I'm the worst." 

Lance laughed, throwing his bags on the floor and pulling on a small blue hat with ears. He then shoved one onto Keith's head, grabbing the old remote and restarting the movie.

"Yes, and your payback is having to watch it all over again." 

Keith groaned and Lance let out a laugh. He dropped himself down beside Keith, pulling the blanket from behind then and wrapping it around their bodies. Blue woke up, crawling from her position between Keith's legs allowing all three of them to get more comfortable. Honestly, Keith had to pretend he didn't want to watch it again but the movie was truly better the second time around. 

I never forget

I also never proofread but that's irrelevant