[16]

Sorry for the short chapter.

As always, Jiriaya stared at the girls who would come to the river. "This idiot.."I muttered under my breath. Naruto meanwhile kept trying to summon.

"Summoning Jutsu!" It was bigger but it still had a tail. "Pervy Sage, can't you act like you believe in me?!" He suddenly passed out.

"Ah, Naruto! Master Jiraiya, he keeps passing out!"I informed him. A thought then came into my mind. "Can you tell me what this red chakra is? I mean, there was a time when he turned into an animal-like person with red chakra surrounding him..."

"You were there too and you saw it? Normally, this is top secret-"

"I don't care! You have to tell me! I want to help protect him! He's my friend! Like it or not, I'm going to make you tell me!"

".......No point keeping it a secret since you've already seen it. Fine, I'll tell you. Naruto carries a demon in him."

My eyes widened. "A demon? What do you mean and why?"

"It was sealed in him in order to save this village. Have you ever heard of the Nine-Tails's attack?"

"Yeah. Dad told me I was about 2 months old when it happened. The creature that attacked, killed many, and caused the Fourth Hokage to sacrifice himself...is in Naruto?"

"Yes."

".......So...this is why.." Everyone ignored him, was cruel, and never acknowledged him as worthy of being a ninja.  I felt my heart sink. "I get it now."

I'll protect him now, more than ever!

".........I should wake him up. OPEN YOUR EYES!" Jiraiya splashed Naruto with water. "You've been training for three weeks and you're still at this level. Shiori learned it in one day! Continuing like this is pointless!"

"That's not true! I'm trying as hard as I can here!"

"If you want to succeed in this summoning jutsu, you must try it like your life depends on it!"Jiraiya said.

"What do you think I've been doing?! I train every day like I'm going to die!"

"Naruto, you need to put your life at risk." 

"My life?"

"That's right. It's no joke. Are you willing to do it?"

"Of course! I always risk my life!"

"Alright, follow me you two."

"Naruto, you're not serious are you?"I inquired as walked behind him. "You could end up dead!"

"I always risk my life!" That's what being a ninja is about!"

"Whatever you say-" We entered a hot spring. "Um..why are we here?"

"This is about bathing. We must purify our bodies."

Purify? Jiraiya does need to purify his perverted ways.

"Leave me out of this. You two go on ahead." I sat outside, leaning against the wall and after a while, they came out. "Yo."

"Hey."Naruto greeted. "Pervy Sage, what is taking a bath have to do with the summoning jutsu?"

That is a very good question.

"Hey Naruto, tell me...is there something you like to eat?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiraiya strangely took us to IchiRaku Ramen. "Is it okay if I get some?"I asked. "I mean, I don't have to learn the summoning."

"It's fine. Eat if you like." I gave him a look. This is too good to be true! This must be some sort of trap or he's drunk. "Eat up, Naruto. It may be your last. Eat like there's no tomorrow!" Naruto enjoyed slurping down a ton of ramen. He asked for some much that Jiraiya left him with the bill.  The owners asked for the payment so I decided to pay.