FINAL CHAPTER [27]

"Shiori-chan!" I lifted my head up from the medical book I was reading as I stood against the wall outside of Lady Tsunade's office. "Hey!"

I noticed Tadashi had his bangs moved out of the way and his hair tied up as he ran up to me. The look of his face made my chest feel heavy. 

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I questioned.

"Shikamaru's.." He took a breath. "His platoon has returned. Shikamaru has minor injuries and Kiba's are serious yet not life threatening. However Neji and Choji are in critical condition!"

"What?!" I moved away from the wall and dropped my book. "What about Naruto and Sasuke?! Are they alright? Did Naruto even manage to bring him back?!" He shook his head slowly.

"Sorry, I don't know a thing about them. Naruto hasn't arrived here." I felt terrified. "Look, I have to hurry to the hospital to help them out so I gotta-" I stopped him by tugging on the sleeve of his shirt.

"I'm going with you.."

"......Not a problem with me so let's hurry." Nodding, we darted to the hospital. I opened the door, letting Tadashi in first. "This way," He guided me through, eventually bumping into Shizune. "Shizune-nee, is milady finished making the medicine?"

"She's still working on it."

"And how is Kiba's condition?"

"Stabilized, nothing to worry but right now I have to start right away on Neji's treatment." She stated, pushing open a door to where he was. "I need you to help me as well, Tadashi."

"Right. Just tell me what to do." He then turned over to me. "Maybe you can go help Lady Tsunade. She's in that room down there." He pointed towards the end of the hallway. "Any help is appreciated."

"Got it. I'll do anything to help them."I said. I ran down but halted when I spotted Shikamaru along with the sand ninja Temari. His father stood around the corner with his arms crossed. I rushed over to him. "Shikamaru, thank goodness you're okay." He remained silent with his eyes staring at the ground. "...I understand your feelings but don't worry and put your faith in Lady Tsunade as well as the rest of the medics. We will all try our best to save them." I placed my hand on his shoulder for a moment before walking over and knocking on the door. "It's me, Shiori. I've come to help."

"Enter,"Lady Tsunade said. "Come here, I have stuff for you to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while, I stepped out of the room along with Lady Tsunade. She sighed before speaking. "He's going to be just fine. The antidote worked," She informed walking over to sit down. "The extermination of cells caused by the cells affect have been arrested. I couldn't have done it without your help, Shikaku. The Nara's clan sacred medicine guide was invaluable. The work that went into that manual; the years of research, well it's quite impressive."

"Thank you."

"Lady Tsunade!" We all turned when we heard Shizune's and Tadashi's voices. They both wiped off sweat from their faces, smiling. "Neji Hyuga is safe; his condition has been stabilized. I just heard that Kakashi Hatake and Naruto Uzumaki have just returned and they've been examined. Naruto's injuries are serious but not life threatening. He's going to be okay."

I placed a hand on my chest, sighing in relief. Thank goodness.. But that means Sasuke didn't return...

"Shikamaru,"Lady Tsunade continued. "Your mission was a failure. However, everyone's alive. That's the most important thing."

 I watched as Shikamaru's body trembled. "Shikamaru.."

"Next time..the mission will go perfectly." He promised with a shaky voice. I smiled sadly and felt the sudden burning sensation in my throat.