t w e n t y o n e

-Hermione Granger-

I sigh as I lay my head down on Draco's chest, feeling exhausted.

"You ok?" He asks and starts to run his hands through my hair, getting out the tangles and knots. I shrug and close my eyes, shifting in bed so I'm now laying sideways. "Just tired?"

"Yeah" I whisper softly and breath in the intoxicating scent of mint and cologne. Most cologne doesn't smell very good, in my opinion, but I honestly love the one that Draco wears.

I feel one of Dracos hands place themselves on my forehead and Draco sighs. "You have a fever babe" Draco kisses my forehead after taking his large hand off.

"Mmm" I groan and curl my legs up onto his lap when he pulls me into his lap. I bury my head into the crook of his neck and start to mumble incoherently.

"I don't understand you"

"Ion know what I say either"

Draco runs his hands up and down my waist, soothing me to sleep.

"I'll check on you in the morning?" Draco says as I'm about to pass out. I nod, taking deep shallow breaths. "Goodnight"

"M'night"

-The Next Morning- Draco's POV-

"Dracooo" I hear a weak, echoey voice sound my name.

I groan and try to hold Hermione closet to me but find she isn't there. I shoot my eyes open and look around.

"Hermione?!" I shout so she could hear me anywhere in the mansion. I jump out of bed and hear her groaning in the bathroom.

"Draco..."

I run into the bathroom and see her leaning against the toilet. I run over to her and kneel in front of the brunette.

"Are you ok?! What happened?" I brush a piece of her hair behind her ear and tilt her head up so I can see her.

She has circles under her eyes and her eyes are droopy with a miserable expression plastered over her beautiful features. 

"I got sick and I feel like I'm dying" she coughs and I frown.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" I ask her and she nods. I swoop her up in my arms and kiss her forehead again, which is burning hotter than last night.

I set her on my bed and get a pair of grey sweat pants and a black tightly fitted shirt from her bag. I help her change into them and then pull her hair back into a pony tail so she is more comfortable.

I pick her back up and start to the walk to the car. Once we get outside I finally notice that it is still dark and the sun is just beginning to rise.

After I set her in the passengers seat and lean it back so she's laying down I climb into my side.

"Are you sure you don't have the flu or something?" I ask her as she squeezes my hand that she holds.

Her groans in discomfort and I bring her hand up to my lips, kissing it.

"I know what the flu feels like.." she pauses, out of breath from just speaking. "This is different, I don't know what it is..."

-Later-

I carry a sleeping Hermione back into the house. They gave her some drugs that make her really sleepy but it's clearing out like the bacteria in her system. They said that it's some new bacteria that is starting to spread and so they gave me a shot they found that is affective. They also have some pills that they regularly use for like if you've been constipated for a certain amount of time. It cleans out your bowel system and cleans out any bacteria you have.

"Draco" Hermione mumbles in her sleep and turns her head into my chest. I smile, hearing that she is dreaming of me. "No, stop" she whispers and her hands move off of her lap.

I furrow my eyebrows as I set her on my bed. What is she dreaming about?

"NO! Stop it!" She says louder, but not quite a scream

She kicks her legs around and starts to fling her arms while her face twists into a uncomfortable expression. She shrieks loudly and I grab her wrists, bringing them easily down from the air as she still screams.

"Hermione?!" I shout and try to sit her up. She continues to scream and I huff. What's fucking happening?!! "HERMIONE!!" I shout, hoping to wake her up.

Her eyes shoot open and she pushes me away, her eyes wide.

"Wh-What just hap-happened??!!" She shuffles back on the huge bed while looking at me with big crazy eyes. I reach out for her but she flinches away from me, gripping at the covers.

"Hey" I speak softly, going to try and grab her hand. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you" I whisper and I see a slight change in her gaze. "I'd never hurt you"

I grab her hand and she doesn't pull it away from me.

"You-You were going to kill me" Her lip quivers as she says these heart aching words.

"What?!" I narrow my eyes questioningly. "Why the hell would I kill you?!"

"I um-I don't know.." I pull her into my arms and she buries her head into the crook of my neck. I run her back soothingly, just like last night. I hear her breathing become shallower and deeper, indicating she's about to fall back asleep.

"Good night love" I whisper as her eyes finally close heavily. I lay her down on the bed and cover her with the blankets.