Death by laziness. Be careful. It's a thing now

“Jump.”

“Are you kidding with me right now?”

“I’m serious, thanks for asking. Now jump. We don’t have time.”

“I won’t jump, you lion butt. Jump yourself.”

Yule looked me in the eyes, poked his tongue at me like a three year old kid not like the thousands years old Sphinx he is (seriously Rodor, how did you manage to get killed by this dude multiply times?) and jumped. But of course he has wings so yeah. Fine. One point for you. Don’t worry. I will get you later.

“Now jump.”

“I’m not going to jump off the island, you idiot!” I threw my arms in the air and glared at him. Seriously dude? If you want me dead then just kill me. Don’t force me to commit suicide.

“Well now I understand why Rodor chose you. You’re a pusillanimous... They usually get killed easily.” He was smirking and I knew he was talking like that on purpose. He was insulting me on purpose. Because you know who gets killed easier than cowards? Men with pride and eager to prove they’re not weak. Well those people and stupid ones like me. Because even though I’m eager to prove I’m not weak (because I hate being weak), we all know I don’t have much pride left in me with all the things that have happened. So that leaves me with the stupidity.

Yep.

“You son of a Ciguapa!” Don’t google this one.

I tried to make a jump to catch his tale, but he was out of my reach. Now, if you think that I was stupid enough to jump like that and end up falling off the island, you’re idiots. Sorry, but… okay, I know I’m an idiot. But you seriously think I’m THAT idiot? I’m not a moron and I wasn’t born yesterday. The problem is that I ended up falling anyway, because Yule pushed me off the island. With his tail. That if you are curious to know it’s very strong and heavy. How? I don’t know. It just is.

And back to falling…

And screaming…

And kicking…

And punching…

And you know the rest. It’s not like it hasn’t happened before.

Rodor was tearing me from inside, fighting to take over and save himself, which would kill me anyway so like Yule said… I’m in a death sentence no matter what. At least I could choose the way I died. And killed by Rodor it’s not in my plans.

My eyes were closed, because I didn’t want to see the earth slapping my face to death, unlike the time I jumped off Mr. Palin and tried to die while showing a little bit pride. That was different. I jumped for Knox. I had a purpose and I could say I died to save him. That is a nice way of dying. Saving someone. But dying because of the idiot who had killed Rodor a few times?

Now you can say I’m an idiot.

However, having my eyes closed also meant that I didn’t see the island that was right under the one I fell from. Which meant two things. The ground would come faster. And I also didn’t notice the lake, until I was in it.

I wasn’t expecting to fall in the lake so as the water hit my face, I gasped in surprise. Which is bad if you’re wondering, because I ended up drinking a lot of water and choking and gasping again for air… under the water… I don’t now how to swim.

I DON’T KNOW HOW TO BLOODY SWIM!

I was having a hard time to reach the surface. And I was pretty sure I had more water than air in my lungs which means there’s a good chance I will die anyway.