I got a piggy back ride by a mercenary

“Who the bloody hell is Rodor?” I grabbed Aves collar, looking in his eyes with what I am very sure it was the look of a mad man, desperate for answers and shook him hard.

“The Ancient of Sky… why are you… Ooooo myyyy God! YOU’RE RODOR?” Aves exclaimed, making everyone around look at me shocked, amazed, some gasping, some overreacting and fainting (I had to roll my eyes at that).

“Come on!” I raised my arms towards the sky in desperation as Aves was left with his mouth hanging open, staring at me like I was an alien. My body froze when I saw him kneeling in front of me. Okay, this is too much. Angry at him for kneeling, I pushed him with my foot, making him fall on the ground. “Don’t kneel on me, jerk. I want answers.”

“I’m confused.” Knox said.

“I’m freaking out.” I shouted not caring about the fact that everyone heard me.

The moment the Keepers went all crazy and kneeled in front of me, I did the logical thing and sprint off the room shouting like centaurs were following me. It’s not like I deal with these kind of situations every day and I hate attention. So my reaction right now is perfectly normal… in a weird dimension.

“You’re the royal Ancient. The first Ancient.” Aves murmured. As a girl with flowers in her hair and a hummingbird flying around her head walked to me.

“Can you sign my sword?” She asked me blushing. I looked at her like she came from Mars.

“Are you out of your mind?” I asked her, trying to keep my voice calm, but it had these tendency to raise in a high pitch level. “I’m not bloody Rodor.” I shouted mostly to myself.

“But…”

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!” I screamed again and started to run away from the people who had gathered around me.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!” Screamed Knox with no particular reason, following me.

“Angus!” Aves shouted after me but I ignored him and ran towards what looked to me like the mighty exit of this camp. That’s when a tree came out of nowhere and high-fived my head hard enough to drop me unconscious on the ground. But apparently I have a thick skull and just ended up with a huge hill on my forehead that hurt only by looking at it.

“How can he still be standing?” Asked a guy. He had dark brown hair cut short against his head. He was tall, with green eyes. I recognized him from one of the Keepers. The one who agreed with Nova but still voted to get my brain fried.

“Rodor wasn’t like this in the past life.” A girl with silver hair (again one of the Keepers) and grey eyes commented. I "He was more heroic."

Ophelia appeared from behind them, walking towards me. For every step she took closer to me, I took a step back away from her. I take back whatever I have said since the day I came in this camp. Now it’s the perfect time to say things were going faster than I could deal with. I can’t be a Keeper, let alone a royal Keeper. The first Keeper? Are they freaking crazy? One week ago I was no one and now they tell me I’m some stupid Ancient of Sky. They have to be kidding.

“Rodor...” Ophelia talked with a sweet tone.

“I’m Angus.” I shouted. Now I understood why Nova reacted like that when Ophelia called her by her Ancient’s name. This was too much to deal with.

“Angus?” Jett walked closer to me, shoving people’s legs away to clear his way to me. He looked concerned and looking at his face and his sad eyes, I fought the urge to cry. “Son? What is going on?”

“I want to leave.” My tone was loud enough for everyone to hear me clearly.

“You can’t.” Ophelia looked terrified of the thought of me leaving, and something about that made me uneasy. It was like a part of me wanted to smile and the other wanted to scream at her face that she couldn’t keep me here against my will. “I… We need you here.” Yeah right. A very good reason for keeping me here. “You have to help us. You're our only hope.”