Apparently stealing from giants is a bad idea... duh

A lot of things have changed over the years. Hitler died. Donald Trump became a president and then there was the big reveal that he was a troll in disguise and was taken down since trolls don't have the mentality to rule a whole country. There was World War III. Books being replaced by technology (the real tragedy in all these years). The Fairies' Revolution, and don't let me start on that whole messed up Werewolves' Rights stuff. That crap really left a mark in history... to sum up... nothing really important.

Except for the book thing.

But building a city with a million floors? People have gone too far. Personally, I would have called it the Block. Or the Brick? It looks like a brick to me. A very huge one.

The city is like a super oversized flat. It is probably as big as half of Manhattan once was and as higher as it can get. Every floor is like a whole city itself. It's not like there are a lot of racists or something like that, but creatures mostly live with their kind. Especially humans. They prefer to live kind of separated from mythical creatures since if you piss off one, your ridiculous laws don't apply in the mythical world. So these creatures kind of have the right to curse you, kill or turn you into a frog or whatever else and there was nothing you could do about that because there are human laws, mythical laws that haven't changed for millenniums, and then there are the in-between laws which are too complicated to explain, but the mythical laws are the ones that get you in troubles so that's why humans don't usually want to have much to do with mythical creatures. Even though it sounds a lot like a chaotic way to live, it isn't. Humans interact with mythical creatures, work with them, get married, have babies, and do other stuff, so it's okay I guess.

So back to the City of a thousand floors.

The perfect place for me to use my kleptomania. Look, I'm not proud of it. It's not like I have it out of control. It is kind of hard to explain, but I will give you the short version.

I don't steal random things that just happen to be desired by my sick mind. It just happens that sometimes... there are a few objects, that seem to call my name.

Don't laugh.

I'm serious.

Some objects whisper to me to get them. It's like a creature calling for help. My help. Why does it happen? I have no idea. Sometimes I resist the urge and just keep walking, but other times (like this time for example) the whispers turn to desperate screams and I just can't let the poor object suffer, can I?

So that brings me to stealing this so cool mirror with three silver dragon heads, one on the top and the two others on each side of the mirror. The dragon head on the top looked like it was watching you right through your soul like it knew all your dark secrets (which I don't find that cool, it's actually a little bit creepy) and the two other dragon heads looked like were side smirking at you. So it was a very creepy, cool, and totally useless mirror. I had to take it.

It was like I could hear the dragons screaming in my head. Calling me. Strangely not calling for help, but ordering me. In my defense, I tried to walk away. Knox tried to stop me since it kind of gets boring to always run away from the angry owners of the stuff I steal or the police, but even he couldn't do much, since both of us had the urge to take the God damn mirror.

It was actually kind of weird how easily I stole it. It was in a huge cave (yes. There are caves in the city of a thousand floors. And no. They're not natural ones, the giants built them.) guarded by this super huge guy dressed like Death, trying to look all scary and cool. Giants like this kind of stuff. Looking dark, mean and the definition of Gothic. Don't know why though. Maybe they think it will make them look thinner.

So this dude that looked a lot like the guardian of the cave had had a few drinks, judging by the way he barely stood up and the hiccups. The red nose was kind of a giveaway. So that was the main reason why this robbery was so easy.