Apparently Yule has a thing for birds that poop on my face

“WHY ARE YOU TREATING ME LIKE THIS? I SAVED YOU FROM THE FREAKING GIANT LESS THEN TWENTY YEARS AGO!!!”

“YOU TOLD JACK TO KIDNAP ME SO YOU COULD PLAY POKER WITH YOUR FRIENDS. AND THEN I GOT KIDNAPPED BY A FREAKING GIANT. IT’S YOUR FAULT I GOT KIDNAPPED IN FIRST PLACE.”

“BUT I SAVED YOU ANYWAY.”

“YOU GOT THE STUPID GIANT AND YOURSELF DRUNK. I HAD TO CARRY YOU OUTSIDE!!!”

And then the rocks rained and I for sure didn’t want to be there anymore to witness.

It turned out, Yule woke up earlier. And he also managed to get his wife angry enough to want him dead and throw a tantrum. How did he manage to do this in less half a hour I will never know. Maybe he has his own gifts. Like I have mine.

Maybe we aren’t that different after all.

That thought didn’t please Rodor, but who asks the dork anyway?

Rinona was going wild and there was nothing holding her back while Yule was trying his best to don’t cry as a huge rock hit him straight in the middle of his forehead, and making him fall backwards on the ground with a loud thump. And as for us… we had picked a place not far from the cave to enjoy the show but doing our best to don’t laugh, especially when Yule, who just got up from the ground and about to say something, tripped over his tail and fell on his face and probably broke his nose.

“I can save you from your wife.” I shouted to Yule so he could hear me over his wife’s yelling. Yes. I was pitying on the guy who has betrayed Rodor and killed him a couple of times. I don’t actually see any flaws at my way of thinking and feeling. Rodor asked for it. And he is still asking for it. “If you agree to have a private conversation with me.”

The others didn’t like the private part, but deal with it. This dude can’t keep his mouth shut and I don’t want him blurting out all the possible secrets I’m keeping. Thank you, but no thank you. They are called secrets for a reason and I’m bloody sure it’s not because you shout them out at loud for the others to hear.

“I don’t need… ouch.” He couldn’t finish talking as another rock hit him on the head. His wife is pretty good at this. I’m impressed.

“Are you sure?” I smirked at him. “I saw your daughter bringing more ammo.”

That was all it took him to agree. Well that and a rock hitting him lower than it is healthy for males. With no breath left in him, Yule nodded and looked at me with pleading eyes.

Smirking, I stood up from the ground. I took Knox off my head and gave it to Nova. “Take care of him. He’s too weak right now. "

I walked to the cave before Knox could protest or Nova say anything. The others looked at me confused. Probably thinking why Knox would be weak. But I didn’t say anything else. They didn’t have to worry about that. That’s my problem. Rodor is my problem.

Carefully so I didn’t end up with rocks where my eyes are supposed to be, I poked my head in and gave Rinona the best smile I had. “Rinona. May I have a word with your husband. It’s kind of important and we’re in hurry.”

And just like she wasn’t going Godzilla on her husband, Rinona smiled at me sweetly nodding. “Of course honey. Just make sure you finish before dinner time.” It was actually very scary how fast she changed her tone and her expression. But I wasn’t going to tell her that so I just kept my smile on my face and signed Yule to follow me.

He didn’t look that happy though. If I’m honest he looked like the last thing he wanted was to talk with me. But it was nether the Keeper of the Ancient of Sky who is supposed to doom a whole population or Rinona the Godzilla wife.