Les I'm Miserable

"What do you want?" I repeated my question, glaring at Horatia. She just ignored me and kept smirking on me.

"I'm here to warn you brother." My expression changed to a surprised one before I went back at glaring at her. Horatia shook her head lightly with the smirk turning to a silly smile. "You will never change."

"Say what you have to say and leave." Wow. This guy really doesn't know any manner. She is his freaking sister. Big sister, man. What a dork.

"This will be your doom." Her tone was serious. Her eyes turned a shade darker... was she trying to be scary? If yes, congratulations. You made it.
"What are you talking about?"

"Bad things are meant to happen, brother. To you... to the Ancients. To the Odds." Her tone was almost sad. Almost.

"Then tell me what so I can stop it." Apparently the dork was so full of himself, he really thought he could change the fate. Wow. No, I mean it. Really... Wow.

"That's not how it works. All I can say to you, is that your ego will be your doom. It will only make things worse. It will bring a dark cloud over our heads."

"You have no right to insult me like this." My voice echoed through the trees. Anger making my hands shake, my eyes turning black, I glared at Horatia who didn't seem fazed from my outburst. That only made me angrier. "I have only brought good to our kind. I have honored the name of the Ancients. Everyone adores me."

"But no one loves you." Unlike me, she talked calmly.

"Erda..."

"You think that woman loves you?"

"Of course..."

"Don't be a fool, little brother." I didn't like the tone she used. Her words woke doubt in my heart. "You have to stop controlling everything. Even your Keepers don't love you."

"Who do you think you are..."

"You kill their soul to take their body. You kill your Keepers because they refuse to obey you. You can't co-live with the poor soul that holds you inside his body. You have broken the Sacred Law for all these centuries. And now you will suffer for your mistakes. Many people will suffer because of you." Even though calm, her voice was filled with hatred towards me. But did Rodor care? Pfff, of course no. He was too busy getting angry at the harsh words, which, according to him, were unforgivable accusations and she should be punish for insulting the King of Sky.

"I haven't done anything wrong."

Horatia's laugh echoed. Such a bitter laugh, that sent shivers through my body. It was dark. "Don't worry little brother. What goes around, comes around. You will suffer like your Keepers did. The ones you think you love will betray you. The time will come, and you will die for good. You will bring the end to the Ancients. Start praying for forgiveness. Maybe you will have a chance to survive after that."

I woke up as a start.

And much to my amusement, I was freaking crying. There were tears running down my cheeks. Before I could stop myself, more tears washed my face as I sobbed. I hid my face behind my hands, and I brought my knees to my chest. Maybe it was the shock of what I just found out. The fear? The feeling I couldn't brush off? I felt suddenly so hopeless.
"What... why are you crying?" A voice asked. I looked up and noticed for the first time that we had stopped riding. It scared me how alike the place was with the place I was in the dream. The others had somehow managed to start a fire and made up a few tents. They had thrown a black coat around my shoulders to keep me warm and have left me leaned against a tree. The Bakus were tied against a huge tree, and were eating a few apples as Riven was taking the bags off their backs. Milo and Aves were sitting by the fire trying to cook some kind of soup and were arguing if it had too much or enough salt. Darius was reading again that damn book about facing dragons. And the SLAs were playing around the fire with each other.