Monsters dig me

After I fell off the bridge, I actually didn't remember much. But I knew three things for sure.

One: There was a wet green hand with long nails wrapped around my left ankle, that was pulling me deeper and deeper in the water, which was so extremely cold, I would go through a heart attack.

Two: Nova had jumped after me, hugging my body (shocker I know), trying to get me on the surface. Not that much luck though.

And three: I was probably going to die in matter of seconds. Yippee.

When my eyes closed, I was one hundred percent it would be the last time I would close them and never open again. So I was quite shocked when I actually opened my eyes and I was breathing (gasping for air actually) ... wet and cold with a chance of ninety percent dying from hypothermia, Nova lying next to me, her arms still wrapped around my waist.

"I thought you didn't like hugs." I muttered between gasps.

In response, she slapped my chest hard (blushing) and stood up. "You're a moron." She raised her voice glaring down at me.

"It's not my fault I..." A noise not far away from me, cut my voice short. A shiver ran down my spine and even though it was fun discussing with Nova, I had more important things to think about. As for example the Qalupalik staring down at us.

The Qalupalik is this water spirit (why me?)... humanoid with long dark hair, green skin and long finger nails (which explains the hand on my ankle. Again why me?). Now this... umm lovely... lady is the perfect example of a psychotic woman obsessed with having children. The short term... a kidnapper. To sum up... I keep getting kidnapped. Is this some kind of a habit of mine or what?

The Qalupalik titled her head as she stepped a little closer to me and Nova, who by the way had fallen on her butt when she saw the slightly psychotic lovely lady, and was sitting right next to me (even though I wanted her to be behind me so I could play the hero and feed my nonexistent ego with having a girl wanting my protection. You know... primitive male needs). Probably closer than she would usually like.

It was kind of hard to look away from the Qalupalik to take a look of the place we currently were, since she had those white perfect round eyes and a huge nose, to don't mention the huge mouth with sharp teeth (I was hoping she ate fish with those teeth and not innocent teenagers) opened slightly in a frown. But I managed.

We were inside what people call an iceberg, but apparently this had a cave in it. If you can't imagine it, just remember The Little Mermaid 2, with Ariel's daughter visiting Ursula's sister in that ice cave whatever and there you go. And yes. I have watched Little Mermaid movies. The first one is my favorite though. Anyway... it was cold as hell, but at least warmer than the water. The cave was lightened by some kind of weird glowing liquid in the cave's ceiling. Probably phosphor. Where did the Qalupalik get the phosphor, I will never know.

My eyes went to the... ummm... lovely (never insult a lady, men. Unless she is a living corpse chasing you like a mad woman trying to fry your brain or something similar to this situation)... face of the Qalupalik, scared as hell, while reminding the rumors that she was probably one of those magical creatures that ate humans. Preferably children. But then it hit me.

"Where is Knox?" I stood up suddenly, pointing my finger to the Qalupalik, shouting at her. I knew very well it was the worst and most stupid thing I could do in those moments, but I also knew that Knox was still on my head when I fell on the water and I sure as hell don't want him dead.

"What the hell are you doing?" Nova whisper yelled at me, pinching my leg hard. And me, like the grown up man I was, screamed like a little girl, even scaring the Qalupalik, making her jump a few steps away.