~8.1~

Aria's POV

It was about half an hour later when I got a call from my nerds telling me that the sensors at the flat were going off. I cursed and groaned. That smart bastard.

"I don't have time to go after him" I thought fast, and then it clicked.

"Oscar, we planted a tracker in him. Upload his co-ordinates to your phone and send it out to Rose and Drew's team. Tell them to get on his trail now"

"Yes ma'am" I hung up the phone and picked up another flute of white wine to help relax myself. Two glasses wasn't enough to get me drunk or the least bit tipsy but it would have to do for now.

Another glass of white wine later, a huge commotion sounded from out front. I tried to get a glimpse of the front door but before I could, a large hand pinned my arms behind my back and covered my mouth. The person dragged me behind a curtain. I bit down harshly on the person's hand and pierced his shiny shoes with the heel of my boot.

"Ow"

I was about to grab my knife when I stopped in my tracks, recognizing the groan. I spun on my heel and faced my attacker.

"Harry, what the fuck are you doing here?!" I whispered bleakly.

"No time to explain. In a few minutes you're expecting Dominic to make a speech and cut the cake right?"

I nodded.

"Shit" He sighed

"He isn't going to cut the cake. He's going to make a speech, putting you and your father on spotlight. He knows about the cake because your 'loyal helper' Martin sold you out. The entire area is filled with people from different mafias that have partnerships with him." He whispered.

"You're as good as dead if he finishes that speech" He huffed and passed his hand through his hair.

"How exactly do you know all this? How did you even know where I am and what I was doing?"

"I have my sources and you're not very discreet with phone calls" He smirked with his arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes.

"We have to get you out of here befo—"

"Ladies and Gentlemen"

Our eyes widened as we looked at each other.

"I have to tell Dad" I said.

"Okay go...wait"

"What Harry" I huffed.

"Give me a gun" he said

"What no" I shook my head.

"Just do it. Trust me" He urged

"Do you really think I'm going to trust you?"

"Well I'm the only shot you've got. Literally" I rolled my eyes and took the gun out of my boot and handed it to him.

I peeked out of the curtain and Harry pulled me back.

"By the way, you look really hot in that dress" He winked and made his way backstage.

I exited the curtain and headed straight for father to fill him in. His eyes widened when I told him about Harry but I assured him all would go according to plan.

While Dominic spoke I waited anxiously for Harry to give me a sign. And then I saw him. He stood behind the curtains staring at Dominic. I kept my eyes on him and waited. Dominic's eyes found mine and he deviously smirked at me but before he could target us, Harry gave me a subtle nod. I reached underneath my dress and grasped my gun. I shot at the lightbox making everything turn black.

Gunshots rang out as darkness covered the giant ball room like a blanket. Father and I ducked to dodge the many bullets flying left and right. I squinted my eyes and peered through the darkness just enough to see Harry shoot Dominic in the head and then Martin who stood to the left of the stage. I smiled and nodded at Harry as our job was done and gripped Father's hand to pull him out the doors.

The bitter cold air enveloped our entire beings as we stepped out of the giant mahogany doors. I felt a cool breeze fly under my dress as we ran to the limousine and got in. As planned I saw Harry jump into his car and follow us back home.

I moved my hair from side to side and ruffled it as I lifted my body through the sun roof and cheered. I know it was stupid to do this in such a moment of danger but we were far away from the bullets and I felt free. Harry laughed as he watched me act like a drunk teenager at prom through the windshield of his car. I sunk back down through the sunroof to grab a bottle of Moscato. My father watched in amusement and shook his head with a smile adorning his aged face. I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek before rising back through the sun roof and chugging the alcohol straight from the bottle and dancing around like a fool.

'The night was free and once a crime was done, you could chase after the moon for forever if you'd like, because no one could catch you.'