o42

A cold feeling pressed on my gut

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Beside me, Lucas and Ten made an eye contact. A crucial one. One that was enough for Ten to stand up from his seat so I won't remain alone.

"I apologize for my lady's interruption," Ten said, his Adam's apple bobbing. "She has a sensitive mind especially against violence. Her behavior triggers-"

I twisted out of his grip. Hard. The said man flashed me an urgent look. With a voice that's enough for only the two of us to hear, he warned "Sit the bloody hell down or you'll get yourself in trouble."

"Let me. I don't care-"

"Listen," Ten gritted his teeth. "Your safety clearly affects Lucas in every way. No hard feelings, Jeena. But I don't want him to be in danger just because of your stupid act-"

"Ah!" the color of Johnny's voice contradicted the current situation. "If it isn't the one and only Ten. How memorable is it to see you again, old friend."

Ten merely gave him a nod. "And I to you, Johnny."

I bit my lower lip. But I refused to stare at the ground. Instead, I stared back at Johnny's discerning eyes.

He knows who I am.

Ten's warning revolved around my brain. But among all those, only one made my heart crumble immensely. Lucas.

Lucas' pale green eyes held so many emotions now. The way he looked at me, reminded me of the time when he kidnapped me in the train. His irises were two shaking orbs, painted with misery and worry. For me.

His eyes are like trees. But they have given up on the sunlight, letting the dainty rainfall shower it with blue.

They lost its evergreen enthusiasm.

I bet mine did too.

Ten and Johnny were speaking and I swore they mentioned me. He asked us if I was Ten's woman. The latter replied a yes. It was clearly a lie. We are liars scratched out from the paper, our inks writing the own truth. We are denying what's obvious. It's pointless. These lies are pointless. And they should stop now.

"I am not just Ten's woman. In fact, this gentleman over here is just my friend. We're not related by anything more," I said with precision, making sure I was heard loud and clear.

I am not running away from these damn wolves.

Johnny's lips lifted upwards to form a wicked smirk. "Of course," he mumbled. "Of course," he repeated, looking at my face as if he's bound to memorize it. "We know who you are. We've been waiting for your arrival . . . " then he smiled. "Kwon Jeena."