Chapter Fifteen - One on One Time

Chapter Fifteen

I stare at her as she writes things on the whiteboard.

She hasn't really said anything to me since last time when she left me dumbfounded, and so I decided that today I have to talk to her about what happened.

"So... For the next part..." Rebecca scans around the classroom and her eyes meet mine for a second and she immediately has this determined look on her face.

"Cassandra please read it for the class" she says with a 'teacherly expression'.

I fumble around a little because I wasn't listening to what the class was actually learning about.

"Page 60 line 12" my savior, Matt, my best buddy!! He mumbles next to me.

I immediately read the passage out loud perfectly.

Afterwards I mumble a small thanks to Matt and he gives me his thumbs up.

Seeing that, Rebecca sends a slight glare at the both of us.

I frown back at her and actually try to listen to what's being taught and stuff.

After five minutes though I immediately start feeling guilty.

My best buddy Matt... He's helped me in a lot of things and how did I repay him? The only girl he's ever actually liked just asked me to go out with her!!

And what did I reply to her you ask?!

Of course I said no!!.... Is what I'd want to say but instead I said 'I'll think about it.'

What kind of friend am I?!! And I still let him pine over Miranda and not tell him what happened.

Damn it I'm so horrible...

I peek to my side to look at him just to find him sneaking peeks at Miranda.

I turn and look at Miranda and gee... Our eyes meet!

She sends me a small smile and I just hide my face immediately with my text book.

Suddenly Matt nudges me slightly.

"Mir smiled at me!!" He grins happily whispering to me.

Gosh... He thought Miranda was smiling at him!!

I'm a horrible friend... I should really tell him but I don't want to hurt him.

I groan and lay my head on the table.

Instantly I hear someone clearing their throat.

"Cassandra, will you be so kind to share what part from Romeo and Juliet that's troubling you?" Rebecca asks sweetly but I can hear the evil laced in her voice.

"I... Uhh..." I stutter a little under her intimidating gaze but immediately events from that night flashed before my eyes and I want revenge.

"It's troubling me! I mean they didn't care about their so called 'forbidden' love and keep going with it but I wonder why people right now won't do the same?! I mean if people do have feelings for each other why won't they just look past all the boundaries and be together like those people in those books?!"

I rattle whatever that came to mind but it seems to have poked a nerve in her because next thing I know, I'm staying behind in class while everyone clears out.

'Oh great' I thought.

Another one on one time with miss Rebecca Richards.