Kouen ¦ Cherry Blossoms

A young Kouen looked up at the sakura tree in front of him, "Be careful, [Name] or you'll fall." a girl perhaps the same age of the prince appeared on the many flowers of the sakura, a smile gracing her features.

   "Aww is En-kun worried about me? Don't worry though, I've done this multiple times."  you stood up from the branch you sat at and looked for the most biggest sakura you could find, despite all of them being the same.

Then your eyes sparkled when you found one, it was a bit bigger than the rest and was more pink with white on the tips. Reaching out for it, you didn't notice that you were at the edge of the branch. When you successfully plucked it out, you suddenly lost your footing.

Closing your eyes, you awaited for the impact but it didn't come instead you felt warm arms around you. Opening your eyes, a blush invaded your cheeks. Kouen and yours was merely inches apart, "I told you to be careful, idiot." you felt his breath fan against your face, making it more red.

    "S-sorry. . ."

Kouen set you on your feet and instead of dwelling on your embarassment, you flashed him the sakura you plucked out.

  "Isn't it beautiful?" you said and Kouen responded with a nod. Silence then enveloped the two of you.

But it was broken when you grabbed Kouen's hand and placed the sakura on it, "Cherish it, will you?"

You were smiling so brightly, Kouen couldn't resist but say yes.

Present

The season of the sakura was coming. Kouen stood at the tree you once fell. The sakura you gave him was in his grasp, a small sad smile adorning his features.

The sakura you once gave him had gone into a dull color the white tips been crumpled yet it still somehow catched his eyes.

Kouen looked at the sakura in his hand and muttered sentences.

"桜にも新しい季節が来るように"[1]

"僕らにも新しい季節が来るようだ"[2]

"もう今は君のこと「好き」と言えないけど"[3]

"ごめんね、ありがとう"[4]

-----

[1] =  Like the cherry blossoms coming for a new season.

[2] = We passed on like the new seasons

[3] =  I can’t say ‘I like you’ anymore

[4] =  I’m sorry, thank you

[A/N] - Did I make your heart clench? Lolol btw the sentences came from a song called "Sakura To Tomo Ni Kimi Dake Wo" sang by Uduki Arata of Tsukiuta, you can check it out on Youtube, quite a beautiful song.

Also I still take requests ^ω^