Hakuryuu ¦ Scars

It was the death anniversary of Hakuryuu and Hakuei's brothers and Hakuryuu has kept himself locked in at his room. Hakuei even tried to persuade her little brother to come out but it was futile, Hakuryuu had ignored her.

Hakuei wasn't mentally broken like her brother was but she was still grieving.

That's why you stood in front of Hakuryuu's room with a small frown on your face. You brought your hand up and gently knocked on the door. You patiently waited but no response came.

You tried again but nothing came so you called out, "Haku please open the door. . ."

You heard footsteps and the door's lock click and heard more footsteps then a voice, "It's open now." You smiled softly and gently pushed the door open.

There you saw Hakuryuu, his back was facing you but you knew he was touching his scarred eye. The small frown made it's way back as you closed the door.

You then walked up to Hakuryuu and sat on his bed, behind him. Placing a hand on his shoulder you said, "It's not your fault, Haku. . ."

He shook his head "It is and this scar is the reminder of it." You furrowed your eyebrows at this and gently turned him around to face you.

     "Look I may not know why it all happened but please do not ever call that scar as a reminder of their deaths. As far as I know scars are shown for how they survived something horrible and that's not an exception on your part,"

      "Also you shouldn't feel bad. Your brothers saved you from the brink of death exchanged for theirs, so if they're seeing the state you are in they'll be distraught. So please move on from the past and carry out the present but never forget how important and heroic were they for you."

When you finished, tears were streaming down on Hakuryuu's cheeks as you contained them and you gently pulled Hakuryuu into a hug as if he was glass that could break any moment.

The scarred boy wrapped his arms around you, his grip tight as sobs racked out from his mouth. You soothed him by softly rubbing his back and whispering loving and encouraging words.

A minute or so passed and Hakuryuu had finally calmed down and hiccups, sniffs and his ragged breathing was the only things you could hear from him.

You still whispered loving words despite him being calm now. Though you stopped when Hakuryuu pulled away and you saw how broken he truly was.

You couldn't help yourself to let your tears flow down as it reminded you how he looked back then when you were kids. Broken. Lonely.

Hakuryuu looked at you in shock. Why were you crying? Was it that you really pitied him? Though what happened next surprised the scarred boy.

You kissed the scarred part of his face and caressed it with a smile.

     "This scar tells many stories but my favorite one is how it got us together." He too smiled at you and grabbed your hand that was on his face and brought it to his lips, kissing the back of it.

     "Thank you for everything, [Name]. For staying by my side."

        "Anything for my king."