Finding Luna

~Cas' POV~

"Cas? Angel, wake up. It's like, two in the afternoon."

My eyes flutter open with the realization that I've slept in so late. Dean is sitting on the edge of our bed- our bed- and he's touching me feet. He climbs next to me and puts his arm around me, saying, "I already went to the grocery store and made breakfast and stuff. You know, to celebrate our new apartment."

"Mm, starving," I say as I quickly run out of bed and into the kitchen. The smell of fried eggs and bacon fills my nose. I walk over to the counter next to the stove and grab one of the plates that Dean set out for us and start serving myself. After I have two eggs and 4 pieces of bacon on my plate, I walk through a doorway leading to the coffee table where Dean is sitting with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I ask him with a mouthful of eggs in my mouth.

"Nah, I had a muffin at the grocery store. Do you want some toast?"

"Yes, please," I say with a wide smile. I love living here already. It's a whole new start. It's like we're already married. And Luna is our adopted child.

"Dean?" I say loud enough for him to hear me in the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Luna?"

There's a long pause and I hear a faint "Um," coming from the kitchen. Dean pokes his head through the doorway and gives me a confused look. "Did she sleep on the bed with us last night?"

I like the sound of that. "On the bed with us." How could you not love being in bed with Dean Winchester. I quickly realize I'm getting distracted and I come out of my trance.

"I dunno," I reply. "I'll go check under the bed."

And there is the mysterious Luna. Under the bed, just like I thought.

"C'mere, you," I say in a baby voice. Luna meows so quietly, and yet I can still hear her while I struggle to reach her under the bed. "Come on, Luna. Don't be scared. I'm your daddy, now. You can't hide from Daddy." I finally reach the little kitten, grabbing her by the torso. She struggled and meows, but she eventually gives up and stays in my arms.

I walk back to the coffee table where Dean is sitting again and I silently put Luna on his shoulders. She crawls around for a bit, sniffing his neck and his hair and Dean just lets it happen.

Wheat bread sits on my plate next to my eggs and bacon, which are probably now cold. I inhale the rest of the breakfast and walk over to Dean.

He opens up his arms to let me sit on his lap and I do. I wrap my arms around his neck and his are around me waist, making sure I don't fall to the ground.

"I love you, Dean Winchester," I say.

"I know. I love you, too, Castiel 'Angel' Novak."