Going Home

~Cas' POV~

"Dean? Hey, baby, you awake?" I whisper to Dean. He doesn't need an oxygen mask now. He is okay. For now.

He doesn't wake up for a long time, but I sing to him. I sing "Angeles" and "All My Love." I used to not be able to sing around other people, but today I can do it. Sam and Gabriel don't care.

I sing the songs over and over again until he opens his eyes.

"Cas. . ." is the first thing he says when he wakes up, which makes me smile.

"Sam? Gabe?" he finishes, his words slurring slightly.

"Hey, Dean," Sam says. I look at him and tears well up in my eyes. I try to stay strong for him, but I give up after a minute.

"Angel, don't cry. . . hey, it's okay. I'm okay. We can get through this, okay?"

"Okay," I answer with a smirk, knowing he'll understand the reference. He smiles and laughs lightly, which turns into a cough.

"De-" I start.

"I'm okay," he replies. His voice is raspy, like when he wakes up in the morning and turns over to face me or when he calls me to tell me he loves me in the morning.

"I love you." I can't help but say it.

"I love you, too, Angel. Um. Are Bobby and Ellen here?"

Sam looks at the ground for a minute and then replies. "They were pretty far away. They're still driving in."

I stare at Dean for a long time, wanting to take him in my arms more than anything right now.

Dean is still pale, but he's ready to go home. His eyelids are heavy over his striking green eyes and his arms seem to have less muscle than before. Regardless, I'm sure he's stronger than me. Even though he's still in his hospital clothes, I can clearly picture him in his leather jacket and plaid shirt coming towards me with his arms open.

After about an hour of staring and holding hands, Ellen and Bobby knock and come in to visit Dean. A few tears are shed, but we explain that he will be okay.

Later, the doctor comes in a messes around with Dean and his cannula for a minute and tells us that we can go home. Dean doesn't even need a little oxygen cart, which proves that he will be okay. Sam takes out a duffle bag full of Dean's clothes and Dean takes them and goes to the bathroom to change. He comes out looking good as new, showing off his famous smirk and opens his arms. I let Sam hug him first because he is family and then Dean looks me in the eyes and once again flashes that crooked smile. I walk into his arms, thanking God that the love of my life is alright.

"Hey, Angel," he whispers in my ear. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I manage to say. The tears start to well up in my eyes but I don't let them pass my eyelids just this once.

The car ride home is quiet. Dean and I sit in the back of the Impala while Gabe and Sam sit in front. I thought that maybe the holding hands in the waiting room in the hospital was a friendly thing, but I'm rethinking that idea because the whole way home Sam is holding onto Gabe for dear life with one hand while the other is gripping the wheel.

I lean on Dean the whole way home and his arm is draped over my shoulder. He lightly plays with my messy black hair and whispers "I love you" to me every once in a while. I can't help but kiss him most of the way home.

When we get home, Dean has trouble walking up the stairs because he runs out of breath so quickly. Dean stops in the middle of the staircase and just looks at the ground, breathing heavily.

"Hey, Dean. Are you okay? Okay, um. Just. . . just take your time. I'll wait," I say. Dean just nods and after a few minutes he finishes going up the stairs.

Dean flops on his bed as soon as he gets in his room and starts to chuckle.

"What's so funny?" I ask him, smiling at the fact that he completely pushes the thought of him having lung cancer away just to laugh.

"I'm your Hazel," he pauses. "You're my Augustus. If you die, I'm gonna kill you."

I laugh at the thought and climb on the bed with him, pulling the covers over us. I bury my head in between his shoulder and neck so my forehead is touching his neck. I rest my hand on his chest so I can feel his heart beat.

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry (not sorry) for the somewhat short chapters. Anyway, I want you to comment if you have Tumblr or iFunny. I'm mishalarm on tumblr and fishingboatproceeds_ on iFunny if you want to follow me. Comment your username and I'll follow you :) Have a great day!