Graduation

~Dean's POV~

"Smile!" Ellen says from behind the camera.

Cas kisses me at the very last second, making Ellen groan with annoyance.

"Can't we just get a nice picture for once?"

Cas and I crack up laughing, him staring at the ground and me throwing my head back. Ellen gets a picture of that, and it actually turns out nice.

Cas' cap is falling off his head, so I straighten it out. Our gowns are blue and to match our caps, a little darker than the shade of my Angel's eyes.

"Line up in your order, people!" I hear our principle say.

Cas looks like he just saw a bundle of kittens in a cardboard box. He looks so adorable when he's happy. I can't believe we're leaving for Seattle in a few days. I can't believe we're graduating. Today.

I don't pay attention to the graduation mostly, I only perk up when I hear Cas' name. He gets called up for 3 awards. Pssh. What an over achiever.

He is so adorable standing up in front of the crowd, smiling. He winks at me, which directs the whole senior class of 2014 towards me. I think I blush, which doesn't happen very often.

Soon, Cas is called up once again, being recognized for being valedictorian. He has to give a speech.

Cas clears his throat.

"When I came here sophomore year, I thought it was going to be like every other school I'd been to. Horrible, really. But a little into the school year, I met someone who changed my life."

Crap, is he talking about me?

"The way that you guys have failed to neglect me has really proved the bond that we've formed over the years. I will mature, get haircuts and new clothes, I'll change. And so will you. But I know that our bond won't ever change, no matter if we keep in touch or forget about each other next week. It might not always be there in our minds, but in our hearts it will always exist. I congratulate you on graduating, and also leaving a mark in my mind and heart."

Several girls were crying by then.

"Will the graduating class of 2014 please stand?" our principle says.

We all stand up and the look of pure terror and happiness appears across every single one of our faces. A few girls are pulling at their gowns nervously, silently looking to each other to ask of their makeup is okay. People fix their caps and gowns trying to find something to do with their hands, distracting themselves from what is to come.

The principle calls people up, giving them their diploma, one by one. All I can think about is how amazing it has been at this school. I never thought I'd stay here for very long, but after I met Cas, I had to make my family stay. The bond that I've formed here over the past few years is amazing.

"Castiel Novak." Cas walks forward to receive his diploma. I soon lose interest, thinking about Seattle. A few names later, I get pretty caught off guard.

"Dean Winchester." Did she call my name? Crap, I can't even tell. A few people turn towards me, so I take it as my name was called. I walk forward, fixing my cap and pulling at my gown, putting on my best smile. I see a camera flash, probably Ellen taking my picture. Or Bobby. Or maybe even Sam. I see Sam in the crowd and my smile grows wider. He's next to Gabriel, who is next to. . . is that Cas' dad? I don't know. Oh, well. That's not what tonight is about. I'm halfway to the stage, my knees shaking while everybody looks at me. I never liked people watching me, especially when there's a whole crowd.

I grab my diploma with my left hand and shake with my right. Everybody cheers, and I wink at Cas just like he did to me. Everybody- and I mean everybody- turns squarely to him. He blushes and I wish more than anything that I could kiss him and touch my forehead to his right now.

On the way down the steps back to my seat, I'm paying too much attention to my Angel and I trip on my gown, falling to the ground. Dammit. The crowd roars with laughter, and I laugh with them, making it funnier than it already was. Cas is sitting in his seat, trying to hide his laughter. His face is as red as a tomato and his blue eyes leak with tears. Eventually I find my way back to my seat, sitting down rather ungracefully.

The rest of the graduation goes on as planned, we move our tassels from the left to the right, which is actually pretty much the only thing we have left to do. Besides throwing up our hats. Ooh, I've never been able to do that before.

Before I know it, we're all throwing up our hats. Everybody's cheering, jumping around, hugging. I find Cas in the huge mob of people and I kiss him in front of everybody. Nobody cares, though. Thank God. I pick him up and spin him around.

"I love you," I say in his ear.

"I love you, too, Dean."