First Day

~3rd Person POV~

Castiel and Dean dated for quite a while. At this point, they are seniors in high school; they are at the top of the food chain. Dean is still madly in love with his Angel, and Cas is, too.

Dean and Cas are now getting ready to apply for college. They decide to apply to the same schools so they have a chance to be together through their crazy college years.

~Cas' POV~

Dean comes to pick me up on the first day of school.

"Good morning, Angel," Dean says when I open the door.

"You're early," I say with a teasing push to his shoulder. My hair is still everywhere from when I woke up. I have my black jeans on and no shirt. I catch Dean staring.

"Staring, huh?" I say with a crooked smile. This makes him blush which helps me gain enough confidence to kiss him.

"Shut up, Blue Eyes," he whispers.

Gabe comes running down the stairs just as Sam walks out of the car.

"GET A ROOM," they say at the same time. That makes me chuckle.

"Go get ready, Angel. Don't wanna be late on the first day of school," he says. As I walk away, Dean places a light slap on my butt.

"Deeeeaaaaan," I whine. Gabe runs out to the car to be with Sam. I'm so glad Gabe and Sam are friends. I notice that they look at each other differently then just friends look at each other. I push the thought away, chuckling as I do.

I go upstairs to finish getting ready. We're already late. Oh, well. Dean unexpectedly knocks on my door as I'm tying my high tops and says, "Angel, can I come in?"

"Sure," I say.

He walks in and says, "Dammit, Cas. I liked the 'no shirt' look. Shoulda kept it like that."

I just laugh. Dean places a light kiss on my neck and we end up having a kissing contest, fighting for dominance. I pull away, saying, "Dean, we're already late."

"If we're already late, we might as well be hella late," he retorts.

I don't argue.

Dean pulls away a few seconds later and says, "We're different, you know. If you want to start off this year by keeping our relationship down low, that's fine with me. But I'm okay with being flamboyantly gay again this year."

I laugh at the way he says "flamboyantly," and then I reply: "It's okay. I like different."

I just let him kiss me until his conscience catches up with him about ten minutes later when he says, "Let's go now."

We climb into the Impala and Gabe and Sam give us hilarious looks. Dean just says, "What?! We got a room! Isn't that what you wanted?!"

They just look at each other and laugh. The way they look at each other. It's just. . . different. I giggle again at the thought of them dating.

Dean: "What's so funny, Angel?"

Me: "Nothing."

Dean: "Okay."

(Pause)

Dean: "Sorry I made you late to your first day of high school, guys."

Gabe:

Sam:

Me: "They're too addicted to their phones."