Letters To Castiel

~Dean's POV~

To Do List:
-Pack
-Do the dishes
-Watch the new Doctor Who episode
-FIND YOUR SUIT FOR GRADUATION

"My To Do list normally isn't this long," I breathe out to Cas, who is watching me intently.

"Well, that just shows you have a life," he replies. His blue eyes stare at me, making my knees shake a little bit. I hold my Angel's hand. Our fingers and palms are sweaty as hell, but neither of us cares.

"Indeed," he starts, "but the thing is, you're my life."

Cas kisses me on the cheek to recover from the fact that he blushes.

We clean the dishes until my Angel suggests we go out for dinner.

"Mm. . . Do you want to go out?" I ask him.

"I don't care," he says while kissing my cheek.

"I think we should go to our lake with a pizza," I suggest.

"Let's do that."

So we do. I order the pizza first and Cas goes to my room to get some blankets. When he stays up there for a little over ten minutes, I go check on him.

"Cas. . ." He looks up, holding a piece of paper in his hand. He's sitting on the floor, cross-legged, leaning on my bed. His eyes strike me like the first time I laid eyes on him.

"You. . . weren'tsupposedtoseethat," I spit out.

"Maybe don't leave it on your nightstand," he says with a smirk.

What he has in his hand is a letter I wrote for "him." I wrote it mostly for myself, but that apparently didn't happen.

June 7, 2014

Dear Angel,

We're going to Seattle soon. I just want you to know that I love you. I would say I will always love you, but I'd hate to make a promise like that, which could easily be broken. Don't get me wrong, Angel; I want to always love you. It just doesn't always work out like that.

Anyway, I can't wait to get out of this crappy city-- except for our lake, I'm gonna miss that. Maybe we can come visit sometimes. Correction: we will visit sometimes. I love you.

I just want you to know that I will always be here for you. No matter what, I'll be there. I hate to bring it up, but if we ever go our separate ways and you still need me, I will always, always help you.

I don't know why I wrote this letter. I guess I'm just bored, Angel. But soon enough we'll be in Seattle and we'll have an endless amount of stuff to do.

I know you're working hard what with finals AND a job to earn money for our apartment, and I am too, so I guess this is just relief from that. So, I love you, Cas.

All My Love,
Dean

P.S. Imagine seeing the TARDIS flying around up there.

Cas just stares up at me and I sit down next to him. I put my arm around him, kissing his temple in the process. Cas grabs the sticky notes by my bed and a gel pen, scribbling on the yellow paper.

When he's done, he folds up the sticky note and hands it to me. I smirk at him and open it up.

June 17, 2014

Dear Dean,

I love you, too. More than anything. Please always stay with me.

All My Love and More,
Your Angel

I look at Cas' beautiful eyes and rest my forehead against his.

"I love you," I say. Cas grabs my hand and weaves his fingers with mine, squeezing my hand. I squeeze back. Soon we're kissing. We kiss passionately and not carelessly, wanting to show our love for each other.

We're interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"Pizza's here," I say, putting my hand on the back of his neck where his hairline meets his spine.

I pick him up when he won't let me go, walking down the stairs with him in my arms. Cas screams for help, laughing at the same time. When we reach the door, we're still laughing. I open the door with my money ready, still recovering from what just happened. After the pizza man leaves, I slap Cas' butt, wanting to start up the fun again.

"Did you see the look he gave us?" Cas says, laying on the floor.

"Oh, yeah," I reply.

"Let's go to our lake now," Cas says.

"Mkay."

The whole way to the lake, Cas doesn't let go of the letter. He keeps folding and unfolding it so the paper is soft, reading and re-reading it so the ink is soft in his mind.

I don't let go of the sticky note.