\5\

Zach Herron
August 24

My relationship with Emily had ended and suddenly it felt like a new me came out of it and I'm free to do whatever that I'd like to. 

Ever since somewhat meeting Grayson's sister. I have grown some interest in her. She seemed like a mystery and I'm determined to find it out.  The school doors opened and in came Adeline.

She was wearing denim jeans, grey sweatshirt and low cut converse.  Why does she always wear sweatshirts? 

"Hey dude" Jayden's hand met my shoulder causing me to turn around.

"You okay?" he asked and I nodded my head. 

"Just..." my voice trailed off, "just what?" damn he sure does have a lot of questions today.

"Just, nothing" I said, done with the conversation. 

"You were looking at Grayson's sister" he smirked to me and I rolled my eyes. "She has a name you know?!" I pretty much yelled. "Woah, you really like her" Jayden stood back a bit, "I don't know, maybe" my shoulders shrugged.  "She's a real mystery" I sighed watching as she was soon no longer in my view. "Well, go get her" Jayden said. 

We soon started walking into class.  Mr. Luck, our english teacher walked in and of course, started teaching. My eyes were only focused on Adeline. She had her notebook out and was continuously writing stuff down. Her hair fell on both sides of her face and she seemed to be in her own little world.

My thoughts were caught off by my name being called. "Mr. Zachary Herron, please pay attention and stop making lovely dovey eyes at Adeline" Mr. Luck scolded. 

Some classmates started laughing a little bit while Adeline, instead, seemed scared.

  The bell rang loudly throughout the school and immediately, Adeline grabbed her bag then stood up and quickly walked out the door.  I picked my backpack then started chasing after her. Honestly, all I want to do is talk to her.  My eyes were searching down every hallway until finally, I found her sitting against the lockers with her knees up against her chest. She wasn't doing anything and her bag was held tight in her grasp as well. 

"Adeline?" my voice was soft, her eyes looked up at me then drifted back to whatever she was previously looking at.  I slowly sat down next to her. 

"What do you want?" Adeline asked.

"I'm just worried and curious about you" I spoke.

"You don't have to be worried about me, okay? I'm perfectly fine" she said. 

"That's a lie" I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Excuse me?" she was now looking at me. It was only then that I noticed how beautiful her eyes really are.  They were mint green.  "Stop staring at me with that look" she huffs.

"what look?" I asked completely confused.

"That look. You know the one that you always give girls so that it makes them fall in love with you" Adeline explained.  "It's like, you're an evil wizard. You have a power to make girls fall in love with you then next thing you know it, their crying because you've broken their hearts" she speaks. 

"I'm not like that. Adeline, you don't even know me" I confidently spoke.

"Okay then, you don't know me" her voice was confident too. 

"You're cute" I chuckled and she rolled her eyes. "It was a compliment, you're welcome, princess" I told her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot. I'm a princess now because the bad boy just complimented me" her voice was sarcastic but sarcasm looked adorable on her.  "Oh wait, let me post this all over the schools website...along with all the times that he's been a reckless teenager" Adeline's voice went from sarcasm to normal. 

"I like you" I smiled, "and I don't" she smiled back.

"Why don't you like me?" I asked.

"Because you're the bad boy, you don't care about anything, reckless and guarantee you're not even thinking about your future at all" Adeline replied. 

Little did she know that I was thinking about the future

Word count: 682