/4/

Adeline Rae
August 23

Grayson had explained all the events from yesterday to our parents. They allowed me to stay home today which I'm thankful for. My phone had made a ding sound, meaning that someone sent me a message.

eve 🌿 - where are you ?

Adeline 💫 - my parents let me stay home today. but, i'll be back tomorrow.

eve 🌿 - okay, just rest today 💗

That's what I've always liked about Eve. She wasn't the type of best friend to always get so upset or mad if you didn't attend to school. It was just me today.

My parents were at work, Grayson was at school and Caden was in Massachusetts. Maybe, I could facetime him.

Today, I was just wearing black sweatpants and a plain white tank top. I took my phone off my charger and went on the facetime app. After finding Caden's name, I pressed the camera icon and it began ringing. Soon, my brothers face appeared.

"Hey Adeline" he happily smiles through the camera.

"Hey Caden" I waved, instead. "Where are you?" I asked since there was so much noise in the background.

"At school, but I have a free period. Justin is here with me" Caden explained.

"Oh, hey Justin" I smiled and my brother faced the camera on his best friend. He waved to me. Justin was Caden's best friend. But he was also like a third brother to me. They've been friends since first grade and are now taking on the college world together.

"So, how come youre not at school?" Justin asked and Caden looked at the camera again.

"Um...an incident might've happened" I unsurely spoke.

"What! Do we have to beat up someone?!" Caden broke out.

"No...it's a girl. Plus, knowing you, you honestly couldn't even hurt a fly" I laughed and Justin did too.

"Hey sis, so me and Justin were thinking that we haven't visited home in awhile" Caden said.

"Mhm, and?" I asked, confusion was written all over my face.

"We're coming back home in a week!" both Caden and Justin spoke.

Immediately, my hand covered my mouth. "Omg!!!" I screamed, happily. Finally, something good happens. "Do mom and dad know about it?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"I don't think Grayson knows though, so please tell him" Caden said and I nodded my head.

"Alright, we have to go. Class is starting soon. Bye, I love you" Caden smiled and waved.

"Okay, love you too, bye" I waved then hung up.

Maybe, Caden and Justin can help with my problems. Grayson was now home and we both were upstairs inside my bedroom.

"Hey, so Zach was asking for you today" his voice rang causing the room to longer be filled with silence.

"Really? What did he want?" I asked, shocked that a popular guy would have such interest in me.

"Well, first him and Emily broke up. Then he wanted to make sure you were okay and safe" Grayson explained. He wanted to make sure that I was safe? Wow, this is a new feeling for me. Normally, nobody cares.

"Don't worry, I told him that you were back at home resting and that you were safe" my brother said and I nodded my head probably for the millionth time today. The rest of the day and night, my mind was filled with so many thoughts. Eve, college, Zach and school.

Word count: 568