\23\

Adeline Rae
September 12

Currently, we were on our way to Haleiwa which is on the North Shore. Today is a surf day at the beach since we both love the ocean water so much, plus we found out that we both could surf. Zachs never told me that he knew how to surf and I never told him. The car that my boyfriend had rented was a black jeep wrangler and honestly, it was so beautiful. It's now my dream car. Our destination was kind of far away but neither of us minded. The surfboards were in the back and we strapped them down to make sure, they won't fall out on our way there. Zach decided to start a youtube channel so he was vlogging us. Fancy word.

My boyfriend had also mentioned about creating a small video of us in the water today then doing some edits on it and posting it on his instagram. If he posts it, then everyone at school will know what we did and they'll see me. I'm still somewhat insecure but Zach doesn't know it and I'm too afraid to tell him the truth. There's always a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes and I don't want them to be dull.

Finally, we arrived and the beach was so beautiful. There was sort of a lot of people here but not too bad. But at least fifteen people were further out in the water which means that they are surfing. "Ready?" Zach snaps me out of my mind and I nod with a smile. We start walking down to the shore and I can feel Zach videoing me as we walked. "Baby, turn around" he chuckles and my body turns around then I flash him a cheeky smile then turn back around.

The two of us were soon in the water and of course, we didn't forget to do the sign of the cross because it's important. Once, we were officially out in the water, Zach had started to get protective but that's probably because I'm the only female out here. I didn't mind at all.

As each of us sat on our surfboards waiting for the perfect wave to come, my hands gently felt the top of the water. Ever since I was small, I always felt a connection with the ocean. Caden would mostly bring me to the beach a lot since I was a kid and he'd teach me how to surf and bodyboard.

"Babe" Zach's voice speaks up and my eyes look into his, "you okay?" he asks.

Two words. Those two words are all I've been hearing since my depression. Just because I've been happy and laughing a lot doesn't mean that my depression is gone.

"Yeah" I say after some silence and he nods but he looks like he will get to the actual truth. Some boys kept staring at me but I ignored them. No waves were coming and since I'm probably more professional than these guys, I lay back down on my board and paddle further.

Immediately, they all look at me confused but don't follow, not even Zach but I don't really care. Once again, my hand feels the top of the salty water and there's a feeling.

My mint green eyes spot a small wave forming from afar and by the time it gets to me, it'll be bigger. I turn around on my board and wait for the perfect timing. I start to paddle and soon, the wave catches up with me. I stand up on my board and finally feel accomplished that I am on a wave. My fingertips feel the top part of the wave. I hear everyone cheering me on but I don't care about them. Just me and the ocean.

just me and the ocean.

Word count: 646