It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 30(THE FINALE)

Start from the beginning

I gasped in awe and she said with her eyes far-away, "Well, this was my ball gown for prom when I was your age. That night was one of my most treasured nights since that was when my husband asked me to be his girlfriend," then she looked at me, "And I want to give this to you because I have a feeling that this night would also be one of your most treasured nights in your life. Sydney, you're like my daughter already and I know that you are having some problems with my son, but I know that you two would solve it. I know you would." And then I hugged her and when we pulled back, I put on the dress and she did my hair and make-up.

After Mrs. Collins dolled me up and gave me a mask, I looked at the mirror and was just plainly shocked to see what I saw. Not to boast or anything, but I simply looked fabulous. We don't have much time that's why after I looked at the mirror, we then dashed to her car and she would drive me to the prom, but well, because fate is north pole and I'm also north pole, we don't attract but we repel. The car won't start because it ran out of gas. It was already 8:20 and the prom is almost halfway through and Blake is waiting for me! Oh goodness, I hope someone would come to my rescue.

As Mrs. Collins was calling cab, my rescuer, came. My dad came home in his car and saw us by Mrs. Collins' car. "Syd, hop in!" Dad smiled and I went in after thanking Mrs. Collins and giving her another hug.

We were off to prom, but as I said, fate and I repel because on our way there, traffic welcomed us because groups of goats and cows were crossing the street. I know, what the hell right? Goats and cows crossing the city streets at night with their shepherds looking ragged because some goats were not following their lead. It was actually funny to watch if not only we're being stuck in traffic while we're supposed to be somewhere. After 8 minutes of waiting, I went out of the car and helped the shepherds do their job. Yes, I became a shepherd and led the goats and cows to the right path in a ball gown and stiletto high heels. People were staring at me while I held the stick and talked to the goats saying, "Right! Left! There good boy!" Well, I don't care anymore, as long as the animals would listen to me, which they did, and so that I could get out of here.

After the goats and cows were already off the street, I then handled the jumbled cars and became a traffic aid. I raised my hands to my right while I let the cars on my left to go and then vice versa. Soon enough, the flow of the cars became smooth and then I went in our car.

"Wow Syd, I didn't know that you have a future as a shepherd and a traffic enforcer, huh." My dad joked as we accelerated and laughed together at my experience for tonight and my possible jobs in the future.

After a few minutes, we finally came to a stop outside Van Allen Academy's gate to the dance hall.

"Sydney, do what you have to do. I know you can." I kissed my dad's cheek and gave him a hug. I went out of the car and faced the gates. Here I come, Blake Collins.

______

At the prom...

Woah... That was the word that came to my mind and escaped my lips as I entered the dance hall. No words can describe it. I really can't believe that I was part of the committee who made all of this happen. Rachel was right when she said that I would be missing a big part of my life when I wouldn't attend the event which we all put our hard work on. It was simply amazing.

The mysterious aura was matched by all the people in their elegant ball gowns and masks. All the girls are really pretty and the all the boys are really handsome even though they're behind their masks. You could see in their eyes and smiles that they are enjoying this event and I really felt overwhelmed. People are everywhere, on the dance floor dancing, by the tables eating and chatting and some people are just hanging around everywhere talking to their friends whom they probably went here with and know the persona behind each mask. Oh shoot! How stupid of me to come here without knowing anyone, well at least with their masks on!