It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 20

You guys know how it was in the movies when the boy would say something to the girl when suddenly something very unexpected would happen and when she would ask him what it was he would just shrug it off and then because of that, the girl couldn't fall asleep because her curiosity's killing her? Well yeah. That's what happening to me. It's already 2:30 am and I could not sleep because flashes from what happened last night come to my mind.

____

"I know that we're just pretending this boyfriend girlfriend thing but I think I already lo-..."

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The red light became green and the cars behind us were so impatient and honked their cars like there would be no tomorrow.

Blake was cut with what he was saying and hastily put the car into gear. He was muttering low curses under his breath as he drove off and when he saw me staring at him, he just scratched his head like he was a kid caught doing something bad.

We finally reached our house and like always, he opened the door for me and led me to our front porch.

"Well thanks again Blake for tonight and for everything." I said.

"No problem Syd. I promised you that I'll always be here right?" he replied as his eyes were boring into mine.

"Yeah. So well, awhile ago... Uhmm... When we're by the stoplight... What were you supposed to say before you were cut by the honk of the other cars?" I asked.

"Oh! Hahaha... Well... About that..." he paused for a moment and then continued, "Well that's nothing... Forget about it... I actually forgot about it already... Hahaha... Short-term memory loss I guess... I think I should eat peanuts from now on. My mom has always told me to eat peanuts since it could boost my memory and I didn't listen to her but now I would. Yes, I think I should go now to buy peanuts." he said a bit over enthusiastically.

"O...kay... If that's what you want... So uhmm... thank you again and good night." I said still confused with Blake's sudden interest with peanuts.

"You're more than welcome Syd, anytime. And good night too. I'll still buy some peanuts for my memory." Blake said.

"Okay, good night and bye.." I said lastly.

We hugged each other then he kissed my cheek before he whispered, "I'll always be here for you Sydney." Then he drove off to somewhere. To a place where peanuts are sold at midnight I suppose.

____

Well that's all that happened last night or well should I say two hours ago. I really could not sleep since curiosity's killing me with what Blake could've said to me. It could be something important but he was just cut with the stupid honks of the impatient drivers. But if it was really important, he couldn't just forget about it even though he lacked his peanut intake, right?

Argh! I surrender. I have to sleep now and stop thinking about it since I would never get my answer. I still have school tomorrow and I only got few hours left to sleep...

_____

RRRiiinnngg!!!!!!!

I threw my alarm clock on the floor. I really hate the sound of the alarm clock and that's what wakes me up.

I sat on my bed sleepily and was about to fall asleep again when my dad knocked on the door and said, "I know you're already up. I heard your alarm clock on the floor. Now get up kiddo. You still have a fun day waiting in school." He said the last sentence with a laugh.

Typical dad.

I took a shower and prepared myself for school. My dad gave me a ride there and wished me luck for my day in school. Well, why do I have this feeling I'm really gonna need luck for this day?...

____

I couldn't handle it anymore. It's as if my kidneys are going to burst. I now regretted having a water drinking contest with Blake awhile ago. Yup, you heard it right. A water drinking contest. Childish as it seems but it was actually fun racing to drink a one liter of water with Blake back in lunch. I lost though since I laughed at the middle of the contest making me end up coughing.

Back to now, I raised my hand to grab Mr. Lohan's attention from discussing the love triangle of Mark Anthony, Augustus Caesar and Cleopatra.

"Yes, Sydney. Do you know from what kind of people Mark Anthony and Augustus Caesar came from?" he asked me.

"The Romans sir." I answered.

"Correct." He said and continued discussing. I raised my hand again and he said, "Yes Sydney?"

"Uhmm... May I go to the rest room?" I asked.

"Sure, get your hall pass from my desk." He said and I took a hall pass and went to the rest room.

______

On my way to the restroom, I heard some voices.

"We're done." a guy said.

"What? What the hell are you talking about? Are you drunk?" a girl asked.

"No. And I'm talking about us being over. Meaning, I'm breaking up with you..." the guy said and I no longer listened further to this breakup scene because I already went to the restroom.

I relieved myself and as I was about to go out the cubicle, I heard girls' voices. I opened the door a bit and peeked.

"My God! I can't believe Justin broke up with you." A girl said.

"Could you please shut up? We are not yet over. No one ever breaks up with Stacey Crawford unless she told you so." Stacey said and then walked out after putting another layer of lip gloss.

Am I hearing the right words? Did Justin really break up with Stacey? But why?

____

Blake's POV (from last night)

Man! What the hell was that? That was the lamest of the lamest excuse in the entire world!! A short-term memory loss? Lack of peanut intake? What the hell? I think I've gotten an overdose of peanuts since my mom always makes peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast!

Now Sydney thinks I'm a stupid retard driving-off somewhere to buy peanuts at midnight. Just perfectly great.

I lost control of myself at the car awhile ago. The words slipped from my mouth. I wasn't really thinking when I said those things or should I say when I was about to say those things. I guess it's not yet the right time to confess that's why I'm somehow grateful with the honking cars awhile ago because they stopped me from what I was supposed to say. If I hadn't been stopped, I don't know what would happen to me and to us if Syd would just reject and ignore me upon hearing the truth. I have thought about it a million times already and I'm already sure of what I'm feeling. The truth that I have loved her ever since she moved here.