It's Not Hard to Pretend to Love You: 25

Chapter 25 (EDITED)

Blake's POV

Patience is a virtue. My mom always told me that since I was a kid that's why I'm still here waiting for Sydney to show up by her locker even though I have been waiting here for almost 3 hours now... I'll just have to wait...

What if she really doesn't want to meet up with me and purposely left me here?

Nah. She's not like that. If she doesn't want to meet up with me, she should've at least written a note or something telling me to just go and not wait for her. She's not the type who would leave a person behind waiting for nothing.

With these past few days, I know that I screwed up big time. The incident with Justin the other night was a disaster for me and my relationship with Sydney. I know that I should've told her about Samantha but I don't want her to worry about it since I know that I could protect her and handle Samantha by myself. I thought by hiding it from her would lessen her worries in life and would make our relationship flow smoothly, but I was very wrong. I instantly regretted the moment when I mentioned the thing about Samantha. It's just that I can't help boast about it in front of Justin since he likes Samantha and that Samantha likes me, not that I like her too. Hell, I have an extreme disliking of Samantha, you know. I just wanna see Justin's reaction about it and that was my biggest mistake. I should've just kept my mouth shut.

Things happened so quick that I didn't have much of an idea about what was happening until all the confessions were said. When Sydney told me that she loves me, I felt like everything has stopped. The girl that I love loves me back and she's angry at me now because I hurt her feelings. Way to go, Blake. Clap. Clap. Not. I don't know what to say seeing Sydney fuming with anger as tears rolled down her face when she told me that she loves me. I was stunned and in shock. When I told her that I love her too, she just laughed and thought that I was just pitying her and was still pretending since Justin was still within the vicinity, but hell NO! I was telling the truth! She should know that I'm not pitying her and not pretending anymore since I really love her!

I tried talking to her but she would just evade me. Every attempt that I did to make her talk to me failed. Heck, I even saw her crawl just to get away from me. And I know that by meeting up by her locker would be my only chance to talk to her yet she was nowhere to be found after 3 hours...

Maybe she already went here and saw... Oh God, please no...

Three hours ago...

What if Syd would not show up? What would I do? But if she does show up, what would I tell her first? These are the things that are clouding up my mind as I wait by her locker exactly when the bell rang. There would be a football game at the field later so the students went there right away after putting their things in their lockers to get a good seat which made the hallways clear and people-free.

As I thought about the hallway as people-free, it doesn't mean that it's bitch-free as well. While waiting by Syd's locker, the bitch *cough*, I mean Samantha came strutting towards me with a huge smirk on her face.

"Hey there, hot stuff..." she said as she reached me and trailed her pointed finger on my chest. Ew. Hot stuff? And geez, her nails are so long that that I wanted to say, 'You know I have nail cutter in my locker. It's not really that dangerous of a tool to use.' But of course I kept it to myself.

I took a step back as I glared daggers at her and icily said, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Aw, is it that bad for me to visit my baby?" she said.

"Your what? Baby? Oh please, give me a break. I'm not your baby and how in the world did you know that I'm here?" I asked angrily.

"Well, I saw you going here so I followed you. You know, for us to have our private moment together..." Stalker. That's really freaky.

"Samantha," I sighed, I'm so tired of this, "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in you and that I love someone else. What do I have to do so that you'll just leave me alone?"

"Go out with me," she replied simply.

I know what she's doing. She's trying to get revenge to my new friend, Daniel, who told everything to me about his relationship with Samantha and I really felt bad for the both of them.

I sighed and said, "Stop it. I know what you're doing and it's all because of Daniel." And then she was shocked upon hearing her childhood friend's name. "He told me everything while we're doing the project that we're paired up to do. He then confided everything to me about him and you and your past. I know that you're just doing this because you want him to feel what you felt when he broke-up with you by going from one guy to another. But Samantha, this has to stop because you're not only hurting him... You're also hurting yourself and other people like me... and Sydney..."

"That's bull shit! I like you!" then she just pulled me towards her and her back against the locker and kissed me hard. I was shocked and taken aback that I almost lost my balance that I put my hands to the sides of her head to steady me. After 20 seconds and that I already recovered from my shock, I then pulled away.

"See? There was no spark. There was none because you like or should I say love someone else..." I said as she just bowed her head in defeat, "I know and can still see that you still have feelings for him. Answer me honestly, do you still love Daniel?"

There was a short pause as tears started streaming down her face, "Yes... But I don't think he still loves me and I'm going to New York tomorrow and I still haven't talked to him..."

And then I faintly heard Daniel's voice inside the lab. With Samantha's departure for New York tomorrow, this might be their last chance to make-up so I made-up a plan right at that moment. "Hey, I know that Daniel still has feelings for you that's why don't get mad at me for what I'm going to say to you because it's just a mere ploy to get you talk to each other..."

She just looked at me confusedly as I pulled her towards the lab which is not so far from Syd's locker.

"Just go with the flow. And sorry in advance." I said to her and saw out of the corner of my eye that Daniel's already preparing to come out of the lab so I then performed my award-winning acting skills, "You're such a fuckin' bitch, bitch. You're nothing but a useless tramp making my life so horrible! I wish you just go to hell and burn-"

I wasn't able to finish my last sentence because Daniel's fist then made contact to my mouth making it bleed a bit.

"DON'T YOU EVER DARE SAY THOSE WORDS TO HER IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO PUNCH YOUR FACE AGAIN!!!" Daniel shouted furiously at me. I just shrugged and winked at Samantha and went back to Syd's locker.

I guess my acting skills are really that great because Daniel was really mad at me and punched me and busted my lip. Well, at least I made some effort to bring them back together.

Back to the present time...

I saw Daniel kissing Samantha awhile ago and I felt myself smile. I hope that Syd and I would also be able to patch things up like them and be able to be together again. *sighs*

"Hey kid! You're not allowed to stay here anymore. It's already late. You better go home now." The guard told me as he's doing his rounds in inspecting the school. I didn't notice that as I waited for Syd to come while sitting on the floor with my back on the lockers, my mind wandered off and that the sun has already set outside.

Without any word, I stood up and left the school grounds feeling so down and depressed.

Patience is a really good trait to have and waiting for something or someone worth waiting for is good. It just turns bad when you know that that something or someone that you are waiting for will never really come.

Sydney didn't come.