Chapter 30 - I Miss Us : Part 3

Start from the beginning

"Abhi, please...lets just get you to bed okay? We can talk in the morning, once you are back in your senses." She said, trying to wriggle out of his arms, but his hold seemed relentless. Wasn't he too drunk to walk a minute back? Where was this strength back then?

"No wait! I need to get this out now Siya. I might not say this once I am sober, but I need to get this out. Please."

She stopped struggling the moment she heard him plead. He was serious about this. "Okay tell me." She replied, searching his eyes.

"I'm sorry I called it a mistake, and then bolted out of there. I knew what it must have sounded like. What happened between us was a mistake Siya, but not due to the reason you are thinking. It was beautiful and one of the most beautiful moments of my life. But Siya you know my heart is still broken. You hurt me real bad Siya, and as much as I am trying, I am not able to get over it. I know I sound selfish, maybe I am being selfish. But the truth is, I am not yet able to trust you with my heart, and I am in no position of giving it to you. So while my feelings for you have not faded even a little, neither has my fear of heartbreak."

"Abhi can't you forgive -"

"I have forgiven you Siya. The problem is I am not able to forget it. Everytime I have assumed you won't break my heart you have gone ahead and broken it."

"What are you talking about?"

"You remember your tenth standard birthday?"

**flashback**

Abhi and Siya had reached a weird state in their friendship. After the talk he had with her last year, where she had called him a brother, he completely avoided any topics involving her love life, lest she call him her brother again. Brother!

He remembered being bitter and angry about it for days. He had gone on and on about it to Natasha. She was the only one who knew about his obsession with Siya.

Obsession! Thats what Natasha had termed his feelings for Siya. Girls. Using fancy words for simple feelings.

He knew what he felt was far from obsession. Maybe he was a little too protective and a little possessive, but he was not being obsessive and nor was he in any way being brotherly.

How difficult was it to understand he was completely in love with her? He had always thought it was an unspoken truth between them. Something that they both knew existed but never needed to be said out loud.

Obviously he had been wrong. She had had a crush on that idiot Rohit. The math nerd who would never in a million years deserve the perfection that was his Siya. Abhi knew he himself was no good for her, but he loved her way more than any man would so he knew he would be the guy for her.

Maybe she did love him deep in her heart, but wouldn't see it for what it was. But then why didn't she react when he threw the Natasha card to make her jealous. She would simply ignore him when he made a big show of his attraction for Natasha. Would it kill her to get angry about it just once? Granted she and Natasha had gotten into a fight that had resulted to him being thrown in the pool. But Siya had insisted it was because Nat kept making snide remarks about her dress.

Girls!

Why couldn't Siya see what he could? The connection between them, the electricity when they were really close? Did she actually see him as only a brother? No chance.