*Getting the Letter

Start from the beginning

"What nonsense" Lizzie sneered but still, no one paid her any attention, which only seemed to annoy her more

Briar shakily flipped over the envelope in her hands, and her eyes scanned over the words inked onto the paper

Briar Lupin

The second bedroom on the right.

15 Deerson Lane

Wingham

"Lupin" she said, her eyebrows furrowed.

Looking at her mother, Juliette explained "Your father's last name. He put your name down the moment you were born"

Briar nodded, but she felt terrified still. She had started today as any other 11 year old on their birthday, and now she was learning that her entire life was a lie. She had never asked for any of this, and truthfully she didn't know if she wanted it.

The letter in her hands was heavy, and her mind was a war going back and forth. Her adopted mother clearly saw her struggle, and said "Ollie, Lizzie, up to bed now"

Lizzie slammed her book shut and huffed, and beside her, Ollie slowly stood up too. 

"Mum" he said before they left the room, making Lizzie stop as well. "Will Briar be leaving?"

All eyes turned to the 11 year old girl, whose heart sunk when she saw his big blue eyes looking so said. Juliette swallowed, and timidly replied, "If she does. It will only be for school, honey"

"Good" said Lizzie, her nose in the air "I wouldn't want a freak like that in this house"

She stormed away, and was followed by cries of anger and sadness from Ollie. Their argument continued to be heard up the stairs, and only ended when two doors slammed.

Finally Briar turned back to her letter, and flipped it back over, and with shaking hands she broke the wax seal, and pulled out a piece of parchment from inside

Dear, Miss Lupin

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Below you shall find a list of all necessary books and equipment, term begins on September 1st at Kings Cross on Platform 9 3/4, we await your owl no later than July 31st.

Best regards

Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress

This was real, despite how crazy it sounded, and Briar knew it. This school was out there, and she was torn. 

"Who else knows?" Briar asked unexpectedly

"Henry and his family" Juliette said, making Briar's eyes shoot open "They are wizards too. Around the time that your mother had you, there was a war going on in the Wizarding world, and Annalise was pregnant, so she and Daniel moved to protect James and I. Then, they decided to move here to make sure you would be safe when your father gave you up.  he wanted to keep you safe."

She couldn't believe that Henry had been in on this the whole time, and never told her. He was her best friend, and as far as secrets went, lying to her about everything in her life was something unbelievable.

However, that wasn't her biggest issue. The letter in her hands was.

"What should I do?" She asked

Juliette sighed "That's up to you, sweetheart. It's only the 8th now so you have until the 31st to decide, but whatever happens is your choice."