32 || come back home

—————————–  

 —————————–  

❝ on the day i went to say goodbye,

was all i had to say now i,

want to come again and stay oh my, my.

cause i've seen blue skies through the tears,

in my eyes i realize, i'm going home. ❞

 —————————– 

the police did their preparations overnight and an ambulance along with a search and rescue team will accompany them as they find the abandoned hills, wendy didn't get the perfect sleep as well but yeri miraculously fell asleep all throughout the night. it was five in the morning when the police came to their house to pick them up, "yeri-ah, the police are here already." she poked yeri by her side but she didn't move a muscle, wendy sighed heavily.

"yeri, i know you're tired. i mean who wouldn't be after they experienced something like that?" she smiled bitterly, "you have to stay strong for me, yeri. i'll bring seulgi back and i'll throw those bastards in jail. i promise yeri, you don't have to be scared anymore." she tried to hold back the tears pooling in the corner of her eyes, "i'll be back, yeri. okay?" she said as she stood up to leave the room. "good morning officer, sorry for the delay." wendy greeted the officer, "it's no big deal." he replied, "wendy?" her parents called out. "be safe, okay?" her mom smiled, she nodded and murmured "i will" before leaving.

"officer jung, can i have a gun?" she asked grimly, the officer looked at her. "i don't feel safe going back there unarmed knowing those bastards might still be there." wendy spoke firmly, the officer sighed before he handed her a gun. "don't place your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire." the officer spoke with authority, "point, aim, then shoot." the police said, "got that?" wendy nodded as she tucked the gun on her pocket.

wendy rode the car of officer jung, they started to drive back to the marquinton place and wendy started to go down first. she walked with the rescue team and the officers behind her, she tried her best to remember the roads they crossed when they got out of the place. along the modern place, wendy lead them into the back of somewhere that leads in the grassy pathway that she was sure of. "this is it, i'm sure this is the way." she assured them, the police trailed behind her back as they entered the unfamiliar place deeply. they realized they were in a forest already, walking left, and then right, and then back again making sure they left traces so they know where to go.

it felt like they were walking in circles but for wendy, she was sure that everything was quite right. she was quietly praying that they can find the place that vanished several years ago, they've been walking for quite awhile now. no one was interrupting wendy, no one was talking, no one was making even the slightest sound, afraid that with a single wrong move everything might go wrong. minutes, eventually turned into hours and by that time wendy can already see a concrete road. "here we are." she said as her heart thumped loudly, she breathed in and out as she calmed herself, afraid the others might hear the beating inside her chest.