30 || remnants

it was early in the morning when the police came at wendy's house, her parents greeted the guests as they entered the house

it was early in the morning when the police came at wendy's house, her parents greeted the guests as they entered the house. "please wait here for awhile, i'll just call them here." wendy's mom excused herself as she went to wendy's room, "wendy? the police are here." she knocked on the door for a few times, "coming mom." wendy replied and her mom walked back to the living room. "yeri-ah let's go, they're waiting." wendy said as she looked at the devastating state of her friend, yeri haven't got the chance to sleep well ever since they came back home, of course wendy understood her situation very well. what happened to them was really traumatizing and it was a scar that might never fade inside them, "wendy?" yeri called out weakly as she stood up with her head hanging low.

"yes?" she asked, "do you think... do you think that seulgi will come back? do you think... that we'll be able to catch them and... and that we can put them in jail?" yeri stuttered as her knuckles whiten, "be honest with me, wendy." she said and wendy couldn't help but heave out a heavy sigh, "i don't know yerim-ah, but i'm sure that we'll take the justice that we deserve. seulgi's strong just like you yeri, so let's continue to be strong." wendy walked towards yeri and hugged her tightly, "let's go now okay?" wendy said and she held her friend by the hand.

"good morning officers." wendy greeted as they sat down on the sofa, "i'm not going to make this complicated, wendy, yeri." officer jung spoke firmly, "we found the unsolved cases related to yours, it was the marquinton case, the mart where you girls are found." police officer jung stated and the two nodded, "we've gathered everything related to that case too," he said as he sighed before staring at the girls in front of her. "please wrap your heads around what i'm about to say." officer jung spoke grimly and wendy started to feel uneasy, yeri squeezed her hand slightly and wendy tapped her finger on yeri's hand slightly in response. "marquinton mart was the place where people evacuated when a mass killing occurred." officer jung stated, "mass killing?" wendy asked, "it was a town mass killing." officer jung stated as he intertwined his own fingers together, "you said it was a town called abandoned hills, am i right?" officer jung asked, staring at wendy's eyes as she nodded.

"abandoned hills, that place existed." officer jung said, "but it was the infamous town that vanished eight years ago." officer jung stated and a long pause followed, wendy can feel the cold hands of yeri. "it can't be, that can't be true, right?" yeri tried to chuckle but she just couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling inside her. "i wish it wasn't true." officer kang spoke as he placed an envelope on top of the table. wendy hesitantly took the envelope as her hands opened it, taking the content inside, skimming the words printed on the article. "the town that vanished, mass killing occurred..." wendy wanted to scream, she wanted to cry her eyes out when the words rolled off of her lips.

"this is a hoax right? it can't be true, the town that vanished eight years ago? what kind of bull is that?" yeri scowled, "we were there! we were held captive inside that stupid fucking town! how come are you saying that the stupid town vanished, when for weeks we were caged there!?" yeri stood up as she balled her fists in anger, "this is bullshit! our friends died, joy died in there! they killed them! they‒" yeri was interrupted by wendy when she pulled her back down gently. "officer, that can't be true." wendy's parents said, wendy's mom was trying her best to comfort yeri who was in rage.