18 || resemblance

—————————–    

  —————————–    

i wanna hide the truth, i want to shelter you

but with the beast inside there's noway we can hide.

  —————————–    

"hoseok, what will we do in here?" joy asked him, one of her leg was bound with chains. "it depends, what do you want to do?" he asked back, "you aren't supposed to answer a question with another question." joy retorted, she stared at hoseok for awhile and  she wondered why all she saw was sadness.  "hoseok, are you sad? i mean, why are you sad?" she nonchalantly asked the man seating in front of her. "do i look sad?" he asked and joy nodded as an answer. "what's your name?" hoseok turned to joy, he walked closer to her who was seating on the edge of the bed and he crouched down in front of her.

"my name? i'm sooyoung, but people call me joy." she replied even though she was confused, "joy, huh?" he said looking at joy's face as if examining her. "you're missing inside me." hoseok grimly added as he pointed at joy then to himself, "me? i am missing inside you?" joy wondered and she blinked due to confusion as hoseok nodded slowly. "your nickname is the reason why i picked you as my doll." he admitted and joy just sat there in silence, wondering what he meant.

"hoseok, do you have a nickname?" joy asked, " i mean, i have one so you might as well have one too right?" she asked as she moved down to the floor in front of hoseok, the two of them sat on the floor face to face. "i have one." he simply spoke, "oh really? what is it?" she asked trying to lighten up the mood, "hope." he lowered down his head, "hope? as in the word hope?" joy tilted her head in confusion and she watched hoseok nod again. "that's a nice nickname, who gave you that?" she asked again, she was hoping to know more about him. "m-my mom." his voice wavered for the first time and joy felt sadness.

"your mom must've loved you so much, maybe you gave her hope." joy added and she saw hoseok's body shaking, she immediately knew he was crying. joy slipped her hands on her back, she hugged him and she was rubbing his back to calm him down. hoseok's body tensed but eventually it calmed down thanks to joy, "shh, it's okay." joy hummed, "my mom said the same thing you did." he spoke gently, "she said i gave her hope." hoseok continued, "where is she?" joy asked and hoseok's body tensed again, "she– she's dead." he said and joy felt even more sad, "i'm sorry hoseok, i'm sorry i didn't know." hoseok bolted away from the hug, "i shouldn't have cried like this." he shook his head quickly and joy watched him lower his head more, he was so close to sinking down where he sat.

joy moved near hoseok again, she moved as far as where the chains go and it was close enough for her to see and touch hoseok. she held hoseok by the head and she gently tilted his head up, joy lowered her face in the level of his and joy saw the dark circles under his blood shot eyes. "you look so tired, hoseok." she gently said, she wiped the tears away on his eyes using her thumb. hoseok lazily stared at her eyes, "i am tired." he whispered  to himself but joy heard it, "let's sleep on the bed, you should sleep." joy stood up but hoseok didn't, "why? what's the matter?" she asked seating back down. "you'll run away." he said in a low voice, joy smiled sadly to him. "i won't." she replied that made hoseok look up to her again, "you are lying." joy could sense the sparking irritation in him.

"i know the feeling of sadness and pain, i know how it feels to be tired. i want to help you rest, i won't run away, i promise." joy assured him and she gently managed to lead hoseok to lay down the bed. she sat beside him, "how is she like, hoseok? your mom?" joy wondered deeply as she stroke hoseok's hair gently, "she's bright and lovely, like you. but she changed." hoseok murmured, joy kept quiet. "when our dad came in contact with our moms, they all changed." hoseok said through gritted teeth. "our?" joy asked as she watched his reaction, "jungkook, namjoon, yoongi, seokjin, jimin and taehyung." he recited their names, "what about them?" she blinked in confusion. "we all are siblings, same dad different moms."

joy's eyes widened, that was awful. "my mom died because of sadness and due to her broken heart." hoseok said and joy bit her lip in order to prevent tears from falling. "how about you, joy? you were so afraid before. i watched you tremble in fear, talking to someone when in fact you were alone." he questioned, "what happened to your parents?" he asked and joy stopped stroking his hair, "i– my mom's dead too." she said, voice wavered. hoseok looked up at her, she was beautiful even in a low angle, he thought. "how did she die?" he asked , "because of me," joy trembled and hoseok was aware, "hoseok?" she called and he hummed, "i'm sick, just like you." she said and hoseok watched the tears roll down her cheeks.