Chapter 20

I'm back from the dead, freshly risen from the ashes of my vampire body. No smokes and mirrors here, ladies and gents.

Anyways, in all seriousness there is no real excuse than a loss of muse. BUT, I've decided to upload my chapters for other stories at the same time as I feel bad for not updating in such a long time.

Life is hard.

Being an adult is hard.

Kids think that adults have everything together and are respectable—Ah-ha, jokes on them, I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

I hope you all enjoy my latest updates! This is the big 20 chapter mark! :D

P.S. Also, I've revised quite a bit of the first few chapters and will be tweaking some other things. I have a habit of going back and fixing things since when I look at it, it looks old and not as good as my newer chapters. I guess that means I've improved during that time span? I dunno.

• • • • • •

A group of friends talked amongst each other at lunch. It was a normal occurrence for this band of friends to walk leisurely through the school and talk before they all had to go in their own separate directions.

They were walking through the hallways close to their classes when they saw a mop of curly hair. Shion was tired and didn't really want anything to do with people at the moment, so he didn't have the approachable front up that he usually used in the club. Someone caught his interest and with his bored expression, his eyes glazed over the familiar girl.

Choosing not to acknowledge the connection, Shion strode past.

"Oh, look who's back." One commented idly, smirking and nudging a friend of theirs, "eh, Setsu?"

The girl's attention was snapped away from Shion after the contact.

"A-Akui-kun!" The girl squeaked in distress, face flushing as she hid her cheeks, "Shhh."

Another friend in the group pitched into the teasing, "Hmmm... Didn't you confess to him already? Like at the end of the lodge trip?" Ah, how she loved how flustered Setsu got, it was adorable.

"Ah... Um, a-about that Ume-chan..."

No one from the group noticed the dirty look Akui shot Shion over his shoulder.

• • • • • •

After Shion's disappearance, it seemed like people were taking notice of him more than before. Did I do something? He was a bit concerned when they got to gym class and he heard someone talking behind his back.

They were in the unit of badminton and it was one sport that Shion was actually quite good at. When they were in a tournament format, and Shion noticed that two people in the class were giving him dirty looks, and when they played a match he was being glared at.

"Fuck man, did I piss you off or is that just resting bitch face?"

The glare morphed into an angry grimace, "Fuck you, you piece of shit."

Shion hit the birdie right to his face and he lifted his chin, looking down on him with a vile, sardonic smile, "Ah, so aggressive." He knew his flippant tone would further aggravate him. Reminds me of Caleb before he wizened up. Didn't even know how to throw a proper punch.

The game finished quickly as Shion put more effort in, thoroughly enjoying tormenting the dick. A rule was set that they would have to shake hands at the end of the match and it looked like this guy was going to thrash him. Shion smiled one of his host smiles and made it a point to squeeze his hand much harder than a regular handshake would call for and he saw the guys face pale a few a shades.