Chapter 5

"Hakuba!"

"..."

"Ha-ku-baaa~!"

"What?!" He finally snapped. The blond had been bugging him throughout the whole morning. Shion had been ignoring them for a few days now. It was the last day of the week and he was hoping that those two would get the message, though apparently not since Tamaki got sick of it and took to pestering him. Shion was ready to punch something—he wanted to punch something.

Shion took his headphones off and whirled around on his chair, "I'm trying to get some work done here!" He growled in annoyance.

"Eat lunch with us!"

"Why?" He said blandly, glancing over to Kyoya with a heavily-lidded glare.

"Well if you get to know us you might like the club more!"

"Will you continue bugging me if I refuse?" Tamaki nodded furiously and Shion put his head in his hands with a defeated sigh. "Fine," he clipped irritably, "but it doesn't mean that I will join your stupid club, or like it for that matter."

He's going to be the death of me. Shion sighed and grumbled as he got out his notebooks for the next class. At least I'll be able to talk to Haruhi.

He didn't notice Kyoya staring at his back through the rest of the class.

• • • • • •

As soon as the bell rang, Tamaki jumped up from his seat and grabbed Shion's wrist before he could escape. "Come on!" He pulled on him to go to the cafeteria.

"Suoh!" Shion resisted the pulling child and held his ground, not letting Tamaki have his way. "How impatient could you be? Let me go. I won't run away." I would if I could though, he thought mildly and Tamaki released his wrist. "Thank you," Shion clipped.

Tamaki waited patiently until he saw Shion was done before grabbing to drag him along again.

Sighing irritably, he went along with it for the time being. Then he heard the voices around them start up and gossip. He wasn't usually affected by this type of thing, but regardless Shion's cheeks flushed slightly in embarrassment. He looked behind him to see Kyoya looking amused by the situation and Shion flushed further, more in anger, seeing the smirk on Kyoya's face. He scowled, he didn't want him of all people to see him like that.

When they turned a corner Shion registered pain. Tamaki's grip was tight on his wrist and his fingers were pressing into his tendons. Shion was about to forcefully yank his arm away when he was interrupted.

Kyoya noticed how Shion winced as they turned and saw panic in his green eye. Before Shion took action to free himself, Kyoya spoke, "Tamaki, you're getting too excited. It seems that you're hurting Hakuba-san."

Tamaki let go immediately and began apologizing at amazing speeds. Shion rubbed his wrist and moved it around with no lingering pain. "Its fine, you didn't mean any harm." He turned to face Kyoya. "Thank you. But this doesn't mean I forgive you." People around them started whispering. It wasn't a nice type of attention to have either so he started walking. "We should leave now, no?"

Whether or not they could keep up with his walking speed was not his problem. He just wanted out of that situation.

• • • • • •

"Kyoya, Tamaki, you're both late!" The twins stood up from their chairs in the cafeteria and pointed at them with their cutlery. Thankfully they only had butter knives and not steak knives.