Chapter 10

Hey guys, sorry for not updating around three like I usually do. I lost track of time and panicked when I realized that I was going to be late for work. XD

So here it is!

• • • • • •

"What just happened? What do we do?" Satsuki said quickly in a panic. She saw how Shion slumped against the wall and it reminded her of the time when her father had a heart attack. "Should we call an ambulance?"

"Before he said to raise his legs... He fainted, that's why! We need to restore blood flow to the brain!"

They rushed around, finding a bunch of pillows they put them under Shion's legs to prop them up. They waited anxiously and a few minutes later he started to stir.

"Mmmnn..."

"Oh look, he's coming to." Satsuki had a look of relief when Aaron noticed Shion's eyes fluttering open.

Shion opened his eyes and looked around the room. His eyes focused and he could see his friends hovering around him, "Hi guys," he chuckled, "How're you doing?"

"Come on, enough of that, what happened to you?"

Shion sighed at his friend's worried expressions. He didn't want to tell them since they would pity him, but he knew that he should. I still don't really want to...

"Well, I thought that I needed a nap so—"

"Enough! Stop avoiding the issue!" Aaron cut him off harshly, Shion winced. "Do you know how worried we were?"

Lips pressed into a fine line, "How long was I out?"

"About five minutes."

Shion scratched his head, feeling bad. He sighed. It was time for the truth. He was uncomfortable about it since he didn't know how they would react, but... "I have a few health problems... low blood pressure, nosebleeds, migraines... so when I get up too quickly I tend to faint." Shion frowned, "It also didn't help that I was running like a madman beforehand." Running was usually fine for him—it was the rain that got him. Even though he didn't tell them that his low blood pressure was chronic, he saw the two calm down as he was telling them.

"Soooo... You're like a frail princess."

"No Aaron, not exactly—"

"I'll be your prince!" Satsuki exclaimed with a dramatic pose to accompany her, trying to cheer Shion up.

Shion smiled, "But seriously, you guys don't have to worry. I usually know when I'm about to faint or have a nosebleed—and the reason why I fainted was that I overheated from the sudden exercise and was sitting for too long and got up too fast. The blood rushed down to my legs." He forgot that he didn't drink any water after all that so that played in too.

"So you're frail, but not a princess..."

Shion gave Satsuki an amused look as he combed his hand through his hair, "I'm not a princess." He stood in a pompous pose and spoke like a prince, imitating Tamaki, and pointed down to them. "I am king!"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, did you hit your head?"

Shion almost fell at the looks that they gave him, still feeling a bit shaky. "Are you guys kidding me? You two goof off a ton and I'm not able to?"

"Nah, it's because you don't suit being outgoing like us." Satsuki grinned, "We're the crazy ones and you're supposed to stop us if we go too far."