Chapter 11

"Ootori, do you have everything ready?"

Kyoya looked up from a small pile of papers and tapped them on the table to straighten them out. His glasses gleamed, "Did you think I wouldn't be ready, Hakuba-san?"

Shion chuckled, "Of course not." After his sarcastic remark, he went over the plan with his fellow black haired, glasses wearing classmate, "So I'll come in and... then this will happen. Yeah, the twins will start it... Haruhi? Hmm... I don't think that she will want to, she's not the type to play along with that."

The two of them were interrupted when the bell rang.

"Ahh, we don't have any more time. At least we ran the plan by the others. A longer rehearsal would have been preferable but it was a bit last minute..."

Kyoya raised an eyebrow at Shion, he was all over the place and unusually chatty. Is he nervous? Or is he excited? Kyoya mused—though it was actually a share of both. Shion was a bit jittery. It was like how he felt before a presentation, performance, or play. His mind was running through the possibilities and his heart beating faster than it usually did.

"You seem rather... excited."

"Yeah, I am," Shion smiled and gave Kyoya a look, "Now, chop chop, hurry up. I don't want to be late for our afternoon classes because of you."

Kyoya sighed and shook his head as he put his laptop back into his bag.

• • • • • •

"Welcome to the host club!" Came the usual exuberant greeting to their guests that Shion vehemently refused to take part in. The girls entered and looked around, surprised at the sudden change in the music room. It was dark and... smokey?

"Would anyone like to take a guess to what our theme this week?" Haruhi asked with a forced smile after being nudged quite painfully in the ribs by Kyoya.

Then the girl's eyes went to the club members—they hadn't looked at them yet surprisingly as the room caught the most of their attention—and blushed. Each member wore their own respective suits of different styles.

One of the guests spoke up, not confident in their guess, "Umm... Yakuza?"

"Close but no cigar!" There was a short laugh from Haruhi at the pun the twins unintentionally made. She knew it was unintentional, for if it was on purpose they would have emphasized it no doubt. "It's mafia!"

There were a series of oo's and ah's from the girls and they were guided to sit with their preferred hosts, chatting and being wooed by the handsome mobsters.

A few girls stood to the side, wondering where a certain someone was. The two people beside them took the blunt approach and walked up to the closest club member. It just happened to be Kyoya.

"Ey, Kyoya, where's Shion at? He looked excited so I thought it had to do with his debut, and he's not usually that excited about anything."

"Hijikata Satsuki and Kagami Aaron, he will be here... soon." Kyoya raised his glasses and looked over their shoulders to the girls behind them, "I presume you ladies are his guests?"

"Y-yes."

Kyoya lifted his sleeve and looked at his watch—it was almost time. He cleared his throat and stood up, and with a loud clap of his hands, the room quieted down. "We will be having a special event soon. I would like to inform everyone that all props used are fake and are harmless."

The warning was a must since they couldn't risk people thinking that the guns were real and had a law case on their hands. It was also a signal to the others that it would start soon. Kyoya hit a button on his phone.