Chapter 18

The Musician

Chapter 18

AND HE LOOKED AT ME—AND I LOOKED AT HIM

So much sexual tension.

Welp, I'm not really proud of this one. :/

I've tried writing it over nd over, but I just can't be satisfied with it. I'll probably edit it more in the future, but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer.

There's more of a note at the bottom~

• • • • • •

Shion had to collect himself before going into the dining room. Kyoya was no doubt going to be joining in a minute or two, and he needed to not act like anything of sorts was out of place. Fangirls had keen eyes, he learned from some previous experiences with Satsuki who somehow always could tell if something happened between the two. How she knew exactly, he had no idea.

Dinner went by uneventfully, surprising with the twins and Satsuki there, but it went by just like any other hosting session. Except that they were eating dinner. That was the only difference really.

Shion was just getting up from his seat and pushing it back into its proper place when a girl approached him.

Kyoya looked to Shion to see what was holding him up when he saw a girl blushing deeply while talking to him. He saw Shion nod with a smile—a fake one, he could tell, but the girl apparently couldn't—and the girl walked away.

"So, why were you two late for dinner?"

Kyoya turned to the voice beside him, Haruhi, and took his attention away from Shion. "I was waiting for him to finish his shower," he responded. "It took longer than I thought it would have."

Haruhi's face stayed blank for a moment, partially not believing him, "Hmm, alright." It felt like something was missing. Like she didn't have the whole picture.

"I'll join you guys in the room later," Shion announced to the club members, "I just have some business to take care of." Before any of them could answer, Shion had already left the dining room.

About an hour later, Shion entered the hotel room with a fresh cup of coffee in his hand. "I'm back."

On the second level by the balcony, Shion heard music—or an attempt at it. He totally forgot that there was a piano by the balcony. He went up the stairs to see Haruhi fiddling with the keys, trying to figure out how to play some simple jingles.

"Attempting to play Korobeiniki?"

"O-oh, Shion. I didn't notice you come back." She paused for a moment, a look of confusion, "Korobeiniki?"

"The Tetris theme song." Shion clarified.

"Yeah, I was just fooling around. You want to give it a try?"

Shion sat down on the bench and mused for a moment, "The normal theme would be boring." A grin. He started with triplets of the same notes descending from the top of the scale, then a small chord progression. He did a high staccato chord and stopped for effect before going right into the Tetris theme in ragtime.

"Oh, Shion's back!" Tamaki bounded back indoors through the balcony and with him came a gust of cold air. He heard the piano just like the others that were with him and immediately knew that it was him. Haruhi just didn't have that kind of skill on the piano, so it was quite obvious who was playing.