22. Is this a joke?

🌹

"Is everybody alright?"

Ino stood up and brushed the dust of her clothes. She looked around and spotted the rest of her friends, and children a few meters away from her. They had just started waking up too.

"Hm? Where are we?" Himawari tried to blink away her tiredness but without much success.

"Is that what I think it is...?" Shikamaru looked around trying to focus.

"You must be kidding me... Is this a joke!? If it is, it is a really bad one!" Temari's first reaction after waking up was, mostly, anger.

"Konoha's forest... I mean the past's. Look at all these trees!" Ino waved her hands around to make her point.

"Konoha's past forest?" Inojin asked looking at his mother fir confirmation. She just nodded.

"I don't get it." Shikamaru said making everyone look at him.

"What is it Uncle Shika?" asked Himawari with a curious glance. (A/N I don't know how she calls him in the anime but that sounfs cute to me...)

"Hm... Forget it. It's nothing important really..." Shikamaru waved his hand in dismissal "Besides, we have other more important things to worry about." he sighed and Temari raised an eyebrow at him "How troublesome..."

At that moment the eyes if the adult females widened as they sensed a new presence too. It seemed that Shikamaru had already sensed it a while earlier while he was speaking. They grabbed the children and hid behind the trees masking as well as possible theirs and their children chakra.

"That chakra is familiar..." Ino whispeared "Do you think it's people from the past we know or knew?"

"Most probably..." Shikamaru agreed.

But Temari had already figured out who that was.

"That chakra is-"

"Who are you?"

.
.
.

Moments later they were captured. They only gave in since it would be dangerous to fight them right now.

It was already late at night and Himawari had slept on the spot she was tied, at the same tree as Inojin, who was too, ready to doze of.

"Psssst... Inojin." Inojin's eyes opened a bit slightly more "You can sleep sweety. We can handle this." Ino smiled ressuringly at him. She was tired too but he needed sleep more than she did.

"O-Okay..." Inojin gave his mother a worried glance before finally giving in to his tiredness.

The fire their capturers had lighted was almost put out. One of their capturers was sitting on a log besides it looking at it and then back at the five they had tied up.

Temari sighed and looked at the person with a look of sympathy and understanding.

He gave her, the awake capturer, a questioning look, mostly at her gentle looking eyes. He just shrugged it off thinking it was fake, as usual.