26.

" the end is always close "

Third Person Point Of View

Today was the day Mike was flying back to Washington, Jess was sad, but she was glad that she got to spend some long awaited time with him, all things come to an end though and the goodbyes were unavoidable. And so were they all currently at any airport sending Mike and his mom off.

Jess was crying and Mike was doing his best to stop her, " Jess, it's not like I'm dying!"

Jess slightly laughed at his remark, " I know you're not, but it's just so sad knowing that I won't meet you any time soon."

" Don't worry, next time I'll drag Dave's ass to Korea as well, okay? " Mike said laughing.

both of them laughed for a moment until Mike spoke up, " Promise me that you'll do what we talked about okay? "

" I won't be able to do it, Mike! " Jes groaned as she removed herself from his hug.

" You like him don't you? " Mike asked.

Jess nodded her head and with that Mike continued talking, " So you'll be able to do it, okay? "

Jess took a deep breath and nodded. 

All of them made their way to the gates and there they had to separate Mike and his mom got on to the plane and with that, they were going to leave Korea to go back to Washington. Jess and her mom made their way back to the car. Jess wasn't exactly sad that Mike left, but she was scared of going to school, after her latest episode she hadn't even gone there to get her homework. 

When they finally got to the car they got in, the car ride home was quiet, Jess's mom was sad because her only close, fellow mom friend was gone back home. Jess was already missing Mike's presence. During the few days after her episode, they were just like before - only close friends with no romantic feelings. of course, Mike still had them, but he realized that they were more like a little crush and when he thought back to the moment of Jess and Seungmin hugging, he finally understood that he was just being possessive, so he couldn't tame his thoughts. He wasn't actually going to grab Seungmin away and leave Jess struggling.

When Jess and her mom finally got home they wanted to make their way back to bed as it was still an early morning, ut something in Jess told her that she should attend school, it wasn't like she was tired to the point that she wasn't able to keep her eyes awake, the only proof of her lack of sleep was the very light headache she would feel every once in a while.

Maybe the reason for Jess's sudden want to attend school was because of the promise she made to Mike and that was actually pretty likely the situation. Jess wanted to get over the awkward stage with Seungmin and finally make things crystal clear on what was happening with their relationship. 

Jess's mom found it hard to agree with Jess's sudden wishes, but she agreed anyway. of course, she wanted to sleep in a bit, but her daughter's well being was much more important than anyone else's. Why would she care about barely being able to sleep when her daughter is struggling and finally wants to do something productive?

Jess got drown to the school and there the regret hit her, she looked horrible as the dark circles under her eyes were noticeable, they weren't that horrible, but you could still notice them if you looked hard enough. Jess took one deep breath and walked into her school, maybe attending wasn't the best choice she had as she had ignores both her friends a while ago and she confessed her love to Seungmin. Things like these don't get unnoticed, someone will understand what is going on and she'll be thrown into a grave that she dug out herself.

The halls were as crowded as Jess remembered, her school was quite small for the number of students it had, but none the less it felt like a second home. No one feels amazing while attending school, but if the layout of it makes you feel at least a little comfort that is a definite win.

Jess walked through, it felt like everyone was looking at her and some were, some weren't. Things don't die down quickly, the murmuring about that sudden confession during the break was still going on. Jess mentally sighed as nobody knew about the more embarrassing situation that she basically created for herself while crying inside Seungmin's arms and confessing her undying love. Of course, Jess was still beating herself up for it, but she knew that there was nothing she could've done as when an episode was happening she didn't quite control her mind nor her words.

Once she had reached the door of the classroom she slowly opened the door only to see everyone suddenly turn their heads to her direction. She was engufled in several hugs, but only one of her friends dind't get up from their seat, Jess knew she had to gather all her courage to walk over to Seungmin and to find the opurtunity to finally talk to him. There were only a few minutes of break left and that meant that she would have to do it either during lunch time or after school. To her the after school choice was a lot more welcoming. Even though Jess could act all confident it didn't mean that she actually was.