17.

" She makes me a teenager "

A/N I skipped the part where Seungmin calmed Jess down because I want to annoy u lmao

A/N I skipped the part where Seungmin calmed Jess down because I want to annoy u lmao. Also a little spoiler: There's a confession happening in this chapter ;) also 3rd Eye is such a good song

Third person point of view

Jess was sitting on a bench by the little store next to her school. The watcher was surprisingly warm for the time of year it was, Jess watched as many cars drove past her, she saw some of her schoolmates walking around and chatting. They all looked so happy and once again Jess despised it.

She wasn't able to be happy because of her disease, in reality, it was like a curse. One moment you feel like everything is getting better and you're ready to explore the world again and the next moment you feel like jumping off the local bridge seems most logical, but you never do it tho, you just joke about it while hiding some truth behind it.

Jess stuffed her hands into her jacket's pockets and kept them there. Her hands were freezing, of course, it was warmer than before, but the cold breeze still managed to create some damage to her poor hands.

She heard a sound behind her signaling that someone left the little store, when she turned around she was Seungmin. He was holding two hot beverages, she knew one was for her as he dragged her to here just because he didn't want to do his homework and wanted to enjoy her company. She knew he was lying as the boy even wrote a journal every single day at school where he wrote some things that he had accomplished that day, he wouldn't ditch homework for a hot beverage with some girl that is mentally unstable.

" One for you m'lady, " Seungmin laughed as he handed Jess one of the beverages and sat down next to her.

Jess accepted it but kept quiet. Seungmin slightly frowned at her quietness but he understood why. He had already seen a little side of the talkative Jess and he enjoyed her company, but now that Jess was locked up once again and was switched back to the quiet mess.

" You could've at least said 'thank you' y'know? " Seungmin said sarcastically as he slowly sipped on his drink.

Jess didn't look at him but quietly apologized and thanked him. That shocked Seungmin as he was expecting her to go off on him how she never asked for it in the first place.

Seungmin frowned once again and turned his body slightly to her, " Hey, you seem off. "

" Wow, thanks for noticing, " Jess sarcastically replied as she continued to quietly look at the drink in her hand.

" That's not what I meant, " Seungmin awkwardly laughed as he held on tighter to his drink.

" Then what did you mean? "

" It seems like there's something on your mind and it's clearly bugging you, care to share? " Seungmin gently asked.

Seungmin was actually being selfish at this moment. He knew he probably shouldn't ask, but his heart was aching while seeing Jess in this state, of course, it wasn't worse than seeing her having an episode but it still hurt him. He wanted to know what was on her mind in order to calm down the faint pain in his chest.

Jess took a deep breath, she had been thinking about something ever since this morning's episode, " Do you want me to be real right now?"

Seungmin slightly laughed, " Yeah, I would prefer that. "

" You, " Jess said with a poker face as she still looked at the drink in her hands avoiding any chance of making eye contact with the boy by her side.

" W-What? " Seungmin asked appalled.

" My mind is bugging me with questions about you, " Jess said as she finally took the first sip of her drink. The drink was sweet yet bitter just like her life. It had a slightly sweet taste at the start but the bitterness took over soon after.

Seungmin regained his posture, " Well if they are about me, I think I could answer them for you."

" You sure about that? "

" Definitely, " Seungmin nodded.

" Here goes nothing, " Jess said to herself and then continued, " Why did you tell me that you're going to save me?"

" While you were having that first episode you kept telling yourself that nobody is going to save you, so when I heard those words I felt that I could be the one to at least try to save you, " Seungmin said as he did his best trying to find the right words.

" Why do you even care? " Jess asked as she looked at Seungmin unfazed.

Seungmin's cheeks began to turn hot, but he decided there wasn't going to be a better moment to let Jess know of his feelings, " Cause when I see you in any pain or in anything unpleasant it hurts me."

Jess raised one eyebrow, " Why would it hurt you? "

" Because I like you, " Seungmin said quickly and turned his head away from Jess expecting her to say something rude about his sudden confession, but instead he was meat by a light pat on the shoulder from Jess. Seungmin looked at her once again and saw that her ears were quite red and her cheeks had a light pink shade to them now.

" That's funny, " she quietly said.

" Why? "

" Kim Seungmin, I like you too, " Jess said that and got up ready to run away as a little school girl in love but she was held back by Seungmin.

" What?" He asked.

Jess awkwardly laughed, " I thought I was the one asking the questions? "

Suddenly the two of them heard light yet sarcastic claps heading their way.

" Woah, must be good to be a little whore with a boyfriend on the side right? " Kyungah laughed as she looked at the two amazed.

" How dare you call her that? " Seungmin asked as the anger inside of him slowly started to spread thru out his whole body.

Kyungah slowly chuckled, " Oh come on, have you not seen that prostitution website her number is on? "

Seubgmin was confused for a moment until he remembered the text messages on Jess's phone, he knew they were bugging her, so there was no way in Hell that she made that profile on that page, but he decided to play along just so he could fool Kyungah in believing that her horrible acts are actually working.

Seungmin looked at Jess, " Do you really? "

Jess's eyes widened," What? No!"

Kyungah smiled as she watched the view in front of her, she believed that she just got another person to leave Jess alone, but she was so wrong. The evil witch girl looked at them approvingly and walked into the store that was right behind them.

" Seungmin- "

" I know you don't, come on, we're leaving as fast as possible and I'm taking you with me to my friend's house cause I don't trust that witch even a little. " Seungmin cut Jess off as he grabbed her by her wrist and started running away from the store heading to a familiar apartment building.

" Hope Chan misses me, " Seungmin laughed as he dragged Jess with him.