First Sleepover

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I asked for the upteenth time.

"It's no problem at all, I promise."

"I'm taking you out to a nice dinner at some point as thanks," I announced.

After running into Haruhi he had asked me about why I was sitting on the curb and well after hearing my little story of woe he had kindly offered to let me stay at his place for the night.

"Wow, your place is nice. It's bigger than mine," I slipped off my shoes following his example as he welcomed me in.

"Ha ha, funny. Would you like some tea?"

"Um, just water please. And I'm serious Haruhi, I just live in a one bedroom by campus. Not a massive mansion like our class mates."

Haruhi paused in the kitchen to look at me, probably trying to see if I was serious or not.

"I mean, yes, we have one. A stupidly big house I mean, but I don't live there. It's too far of a commute for me to live there and go to Ouran, so I just live on my own."

He nodded and began opening up some cuppards in the kitchen while I made my way into the living room. Happily I sat on the floor, it was nice not being in a western style room for once. 

"Here you go."

A glass of water was passed to me and I eagerly accepted, my throat was still dry from crying earlier. Recalling it made me cringe slightly, Haruhi told me he'd be back in a moment and excused himself so thankfully he didn't see that.

While he was gone I took stock of what was in the room, it was nice. The small shrine in the corner made my heart warm slightly. Scooting over to it I examined the picture more closely, the woman in it was rather beautiful. This must be his mother, she had a very kind smile. 

Haruhi returned sometime later not in his uniform but sweat pants and a baggy shirt. 

"Um, miss sakahashi, I was trying to find some clothes to let you borrow but..." 

He didn't really need to finish the sentence. I was significatly taller and well curvier than him so I doubt I'd be able to fit into any of his clothing.

"If it's alright with you, you could take something of my dad's. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Yeah, that'd be great if it's no trouble."

Nodding he motioned me to follow and lead me back to what looked like one of two bedrooms. Inside looked like an average bedroom for the most part, but the vanity had an assortment of beauty products throwing me for a loop. Maybe her dad was dating someone or something.

Opening up a drawer in a dresser Haruhi began rifling through multiple items. 

"Um, is this ok?" He offered up just a simple black shirt and sweat pants.

"Yes! Seems perfect."

"The bathroom is right next door if you'd like to go ahead and change."

Gathering the clothes I quickly went to change in the bathroom. I heard some ruckus but ignored it as I swapped the uniform for something far more comfortable. After folding up my dress and tights I couldn't help but examine myself in the mirror.

My eyes were still a bit puffy and red from crying, but overall not bad. This hair though was a different matter. Tamaki's dramatic unfurling of my pony tail combined with his energetic hugging had left it in a tangled mess.

"Hey Haruhi, do you have a hair brush I could borrow? And by chance a rubber band or hair tie-oh. Hello."

In front of me was someone other than Haruhi.